Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

I think Mercer could compete with the 4A teams ranked outside of the top 10 this year due to our numbers and the talent thats included in those numbers. That's no different then most of your top 3A teams.
Well, Mercer is a 3A team playing in 2A ...
  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. FBALL, and I hope that Russell has suffered its last defeat for the year. My purpose was to promote discussion and it seems to have worked. How about another discussion as to which player, Clark or Thomas, has the most potential at the next level? I'll take Thomas.

 

No offense to Russell. But, I sure hope not.:D

Well, Mercer is a 3A team playing in 2A ...

 

 

I agree. But alot of 3A teams can't compete with anyone near the top 10 in 4A. But I did mention that Mercer has the numbers in which they do.

I agree. But alot of 3A teams can't compete with anyone near the top 10 in 4A. But I did mention that Mercer has the numbers in which they do.
Let's see what Mercer does with Boyle before we start comparing them to the 3A elite ...
Let's see what Mercer does with Boyle before we start comparing them to the 3A elite ...

 

I agree. I was at the Boyle/Danville game and I was very impressed with the Rebel Rushing defense. They contained Danville. But, I think Boyle had better be prepared for Mercer as well. Mercer is far from one dimensional. Coach Jaggers will run the ball til you show you can stop it. Mercer (Harrodsburg players included)will never forget the beatings they have tooken from the Rebels the past 8 years. Mercer will be fired up for the Rebels. But that's a topic for friday night after the games are over with.

You heard it here 1st!! GIAT is taking Portsmouth West this week vs his beloved TomCAts!!! Unbelieveable!!!:ylsuper: ;) :confused: Must believe there will be a letdown after the big win this past sat.

 

:dancingpa

 

Haha, very funny. :p

Belfry and Sheldon Clark are both 2a teams that competed very sucessfully in 3a football. Even Sheldon Clark with the limited numbers and limited finances, especially compared to most 3a schools, had a great deal of success in 3a.

:thumb:

There you go again. While Thomas had the game of his life this past week, that was the first time I have seen him run that hard. Clark on the other hand has been consistantly outstanding week after week for the last two years. The Ashland play calling was also outstanding. Ashland's coaching staff had the Russell defense guessing all night. Ashland knew Clark was getting the ball and most disturbingly, to me anyway, knew exactly where he was going with it.

 

Also, Clark to me is the far better all around player. Offense, Defense, Recieving, Tackling and always there to make the big play. I really don't think its much of an argument. But you take Thomas and I will gladly get stuck with Clark.

 

Nice job of stirring the pot again. I'm sure this point will be heavily debated as well.:argue:

 

What a surprise.

My comment wasn't aimed at Danville, but more at a guy that is apparently a Mercer fan who seemed to be ripping on Danville just a bit.

 

Danville is playing North Oldham, though ... not much help there, either. There's no reason they could have had Mercer on the schedule, if the Scotties/Titans had been willing.

Sam Harp and Marty Jaggers are best of friends and that is why they don't play. They did scrimmage and the score in 2 quarters was 7-6 with both teams having one TD called back on a penalty.Ask Sam Harp ,and he'll tell you he doesn't want to play the Titans because of his friendship with Marty Jaggers. On another note,in 2003 The Class A state champions, Danville, beat the class 3 A State Runner-up Ft. Thomas Highlands at Ft. Thomas and in 2002 they beat the 3A State Champion Boyle County.

Sam Harp and Marty Jaggers are best of friends and that is why they don't play. They did scrimmage and the score in 2 quarters was 7-6 with both teams having one TD called back on a penalty.Ask Sam Harp ,and he'll tell you he doesn't want to play the Titans because of his friendship with Marty Jaggers. On another note,in 2003 The Class A state champions, Danville, beat the class 3 A State Runner-up Ft. Thomas Highlands at Ft. Thomas and in 2002 they beat the 3A State Champion Boyle County.

 

 

There aren't many teams Danville wont play. That's why they have all those titles.

Scooterbob, Trying to get under everyones skin. FBALL don't get caught up in it we all know who has the ring and has proven over a career and not 1 game. Anybody in the Ashland area that starts a H.S. fantasy team would start with Clark as the overall # 1 pick. Scootebob, check out the cover of the preview! I got one if you need it! Anyway to get back to the point 2A is just as strong as any other class top to bottom!BTW Ashland knew Clark was getting the ball and where he was going and still rushed for 167 and 2 td's and he also scored a 3rd that was called back for a penalty that didn't effect the run which would have given him 217 yards and 3 TD's he still had more than Thomas's 1 TD. Plus the interception late int the game each lost a fumble ,still fantasy score advantage Clark!!!

Sam Harp and Marty Jaggers are best of friends and that is why they don't play. They did scrimmage and the score in 2 quarters was 7-6 with both teams having one TD called back on a penalty.Ask Sam Harp ,and he'll tell you he doesn't want to play the Titans because of his friendship with Marty Jaggers.
I understand that, knowing the longtime relationship between the two.

 

But correct me if I'm wrong ... Danville hasn't been on Mercer's schedule in quite some time, long predating Jaggers' move to Mercer.

I understand that, knowing the longtime relationship between the two.

 

But correct me if I'm wrong ... Danville hasn't been on Mercer's schedule in quite some time, long predating Jaggers' move to Mercer.

 

 

I don't think Danville and Mercer have played since Danville moved from AA to class A. I may be wrong. But I think I'm pretty sure of this. They used to be in the same district some time ago.

I suspect that, considering their close proximity, Danville would have continued to play Mercer if the Scotties had wanted to keep the series going. A fair statement?

I suspect that, considering their close proximity, Danville would have continued to play Mercer if the Scotties had wanted to keep the series going. A fair statement?

 

 

In all honesty, I think Mercer was glad to see Danville go. Mercer has NEVER beat Danville. I don't think they foresaw it in the near future either.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.