Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Class 2-A Weak?

Featured Replies

Once you are no longer a threat to the Tomcats I'm all for kids doing well past high school! Atleast Im honest..... :thumb: Like Steven Blevins from Lawrence Co. who pitches for Cincy. He had a great freshman season and it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see him in the Big Leagues with Brandon Webb one day. Anytime anyone can get a college education for free that is something that should be applauded no matter where they are going to school or where they went to school.

:thumb:

  • Replies 176
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will mention this again. Belfry a 2a powerhouse was a power house when they played 3a. Sheldon Clark a very competitve team year in year out in 2a had alot of success in 3a. They oboviously was not dominated by the "far superior" ,larger 3a schools. And this was not that long ago they played 3a.

It also wasn't that long ago that Lex Cath, and Boyle Co were 2A and in the same region as Russell.

 

 

Russell is another school that played and had alot of success at the 3A level including a State Championship and many Regional Championships.

They have gone on to continue that tradition at the poor old weak 2A level.

 

Breathitt Co is another school that has had alot of success at both the 2A and 3A levels.

 

To say that 2A is traditionally weak is insane. 2A may not be as glamorous as the others for the fact that the current powerhouse teams are not located in the more populated areas of the state.

Obviously its nice to beat Russell and get the monkey off our backs. But I'm sure Russell will be in the thick of things come playoff time, but at this time they do not look like a team that could make it back to Papa John's, at least in my opinion.

 

 

 

Ok, here's my opinion..... Russell played the worst game I have seen since last year @ Boyd and before that I can't remember the last time they played that bad but it's been years. And after playing that bad, they almost have, probably should have, beat the 10thraked,very good Ashland team. I believe the team started to think that they were going to win just by showing up. They know now they can not. They learned somethings that are better to learn now than later. I said before the season started that I hope they lost 1 game during the regular season, I wish it wasn't Ashland but beggers can't be choosers. Everybody needs to be humbled every once in a while and this will be great for these guys who sometimes take winning for granted. I really hope people doubt this team, I really do. They will regroup and come out Friday and start the race for the true goal. Another ring!!!!

Thank you. FBALL, and I hope that Russell has suffered its last defeat for the year. My purpose was to promote discussion and it seems to have worked. How about another discussion as to which player, Clark or Thomas, has the most potential at the next level? I'll take Thomas.

 

 

Take nothing away from Matt but Kasey has done it every week. I think Matt has a lot of potential but he's got to be consistent for me to say that. I t'd take Kasey. I don't think anyone is surprized at who I'll take.

I'll continue to root for Russell in Class 2A but I will still take Thomas over Clark for the next level. The truth is, I would also take McDavid over Clark. I would venture to say that most college football coaches would do the same. I hope Clark leads Russell to another championship but I don't see him excelling at the college level- particularly at a D1 school.

 

 

 

Why not? You are obviously a person who sees Kasey once a year. Your post and opinions give me a great understanding of your knowledge of the athletes and their talents. Its seems like your always trying "stir the pot" around here. Do you honestly believe that or are you just "stirring the pot"?

By regions the last 10 years:

2A in NKY is weaker than class A across the board, in fact I cant think of any 2A teams that hail from NKY

2A in WKY is stronger as a whole most years but more than not the top Class A team has been better

2A in Central and Southern KY has likely been weaker than class A and certainly weaker at the top recently but I am not sure how long a few state powers have been gone from 2A (Boyle, Lex Cath, Danville, Bardstown, cant think of any others)

2A in EKY has been stronger top to bottom than 1A in EKY

 

In this time frame a number of those years the top class A team was likely better than the top 2A team but not necessarly every year.

 

I think this all points to different opinions about the strength of class AA depending upon ones region and just the facts that there is really no AA presents in NKY hurts the class as does alot of the teams that have been dominant having moved on to other classes. Also the fact that the top class A team some years were stronger than the top class AA team tends to lead to people feeling that class AA is weak and when you look at all this together it makes a argument for class AA being a weaker class than it should be in my opinion

I've heard that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor. :lol:

This coming from the master.:p

Why not? You are obviously a person who sees Kasey once a year. Your post and opinions give me a great understanding of your knowledge of the athletes and their talents. Its seems like your always trying "stir the pot" around here. Do you honestly believe that or are you just "stirring the pot"?

 

Some very good points UKCATSFAN.

Harrodsburg played Boyle last year! talk about short memories.....lol

 

 

Man, I am getting old. :thumb:

  • Author

Be careful, posters, it appears that UKCATSFAN and Wireman have the ability to read and analyze our minds. Regardless, I still believe that Thomas and McDavid are better college prospects than Clark. I believe that most unbiased (I said "unbiased") observers would agree. If that is "stirring the pot", so be it. The truth often "stirs".

Be careful, posters, it appears that UKCATSFAN and Wireman have the ability to read and analyze our minds. Regardless, I still believe that Thomas and McDavid are better college prospects than Clark. I believe that most unbiased (I said "unbiased") observers would agree. If that is "stirring the pot", so be it. The truth often "stirs".

For the record I believe most would say your wrong! JMO! Of course those are words you live by on BGP! Remeber there are alot of schools asking Clark for a verbal commitment! Unbiased means ask no Russell fan or Ashland fan! :creepy:

This coming from the master.:p

 

I was totally kidding about sarcasm being the lowest form of humor. I takes and great deal of brains and good looks to let your true sarcasm shine through. It just so happens that I have plenty of both! :lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.