Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 11th insider

I've heard that those offers may not be on the table anymore. Not sure but what I have heard. Just the way the game is played I guess but an offer does not always guarantee you a scholarship at that school..especially when an offer comes at an early age. It's more of a way to show their interest..

• 2 weeks later...

Most people agree that High School basketball is a guard game. I think that with this group at CCH that Walter could be the player that can take them from really good to great. With his size (and the lack of it in NKY) he has a chance to dominate. From last year, you don't want him to get the ball on the low block or in the lane as he played well down low. Here is to hoping he has a great year and he stays healthy.

Most people agree that High School basketball is a guard game. I think that with this group at CCH that Walter could be the player that can take them from really good to great. With his size (and the lack of it in NKY) he has a chance to dominate. From last year, you don't want him to get the ball on the low block or in the lane as he played well down low. Here is to hoping he has a great year and he stays healthy.

Completely agree. A 7 footer with good hands, good footwork, a VERY YOUNG junior, any other time I think we'd be talking about him as a transcendent talent. The fact he is at CovCath with a lot of talent around him completely distorts the level of talent he is, at least in my opinion. we will see how this season unfolds, but I don't see anyone matching up to him in NKY. Who is the next biggest in NKY? Wurtz at NewCath? Miles at Walton? They are still giving up 5-6 inches..... I guess we will see, but I expect Jake to have a big year.

Completely agree. A 7 footer with good hands, good footwork, a VERY YOUNG junior, any other time I think we'd be talking about him as a transcendent talent. The fact he is at CovCath with a lot of talent around him completely distorts the level of talent he is, at least in my opinion. we will see how this season unfolds, but I don't see anyone matching up to him in NKY. Who is the next biggest in NKY? Wurtz at NewCath? Miles at Walton? They are still giving up 5-6 inches..... I guess we will see, but I expect Jake to have a big year.

I agree. He could be a nightmare for teams. Wasser at 6'5 at Cooper is one of the biggest bodies I can think of in the region and he is still going to be giving up a lot of size, but has the body to be physical with Walters. It will be fun to watch. Do you think all of the talent around Walters will limit his dominance any? I.E. Not as many touches?

The fact I find interesting is that he is a 7 footer playing in an uptemp offense. He doesn't fit their system. Do you slow the rest of your studs for him? They couldn't figure it out last year. I'm anxious to see this year.

I think that you raise a legitimate question. Having a 7 footer is a "problem" every team would love to have, but I have to admit I too have been trying to visualize them solving the paradox of utilizing him surrounded by talent whose trained instincts are to swiftly move the offense.

I see him with a zillion defensive rebounds with the quicker bunnies off and running with the outlet pass. Waiting to set up the offense seems counter productive to their strengths, but I suppose that we'll see constant adjustments based on circumstances that should be enough to keep other teams' defenses off kilter and confused. I suppose if used brilliantly and seamlessly it'll be "if at first you don't succeed", then there's always Jake, but still hard to see him as the first option under their style of play.

Junior 6'9 Kelch at SK is a 3 year starter.