Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)

I would think Cov Cath scoring options would be.....

1- Fredrick

2- Mayer

3- Davin - Deere

4- Ruthsatz

5- Walter

That is not taking anything away from Walters it's Ruthsatz system . They move the ball and shoot threes . Walters seems to get doubled team which frees up looks for the shooters !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Jake is a 7 foot hard working kid with skills, his list will and should grow. Congrats to the young man. I'm curious does anyone that knows him a little better thinks he can get a high D1 offer

I have watched him play some, not frequently or anything. But as a legit 7 footer he has a chance, but in my opinion he needs to have a huge summer during the 3 live periods in July. If the big schools get involved and show heavy interest it has to happen then. As he moves into HS season there is just not enough big men to compete against that can provide insight or evaluation to his improvement. Since Covington Catholic does play in some nice out of state events it may provide another setting for evaluation, but he needs to have a solid July when they all will be looking.

All it would take is one really big game with the right coaches watching and I could see it happen. Remember, he is a size that few kids reach already and teams need bigs all the time.

It won't take a big game for coaches to notice because they are willing to take a chance on a kid this size knowing he'll mature in 3 to 4 years. Not that there is anything wrong with his current offer list, he'll get a bigger offer, but who takes the first step is the question.