Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)

Which offer is he really hoping to receive?

I heard that Wisconsin is the one he wants. To be honest I did not hear this from he or his family, but overheard talk at a football game. Someone was talking to his father and they were sitting behind me.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to wind up in a big conference, SEC, ACC, etc. Kid is a very young junior, younger than a lot of sophomores. If you factor that in, and you think about the attention he would be getting if he was just now a sophomore with that size and developing skills, I think the ceiling is very high. I think he winds up being the most highly recruited big out of northern Kentucky. Sometimes he gets lost amongst the depth of talent at CCH, but I think you gotta remember where he is on his development curve because he's so young.

I like Jake a lot and think he has tremendous upside. But, and I know I'll get jumped by the Colonels for this, if your 7' and in a region without any real bigs you better be averaging more than 7 points and 7 rebounds. Wisconsin isn't coming.

I don't think anyone is going to jump you for an opinion.

I like Jake a lot and think he has tremendous upside. But, and I know I'll get jumped by the Colonels for this, if your 7' and in a region without any real bigs you better be averaging more than 7 points and 7 rebounds. Wisconsin isn't coming.

Is he really a 7 footer? When he was introduced last night, the Cov Cath announcer said Walter was 7'1. The tip was between Walter and Geiman for Campbell. Geiman is listed at 6'8. I didn't see a 5 inch difference in height. I guess it doesn't really matter...just curious.

• 3 weeks later...