Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of patriotism accused of being racism in this country too.

I think the majority of people that have an issue with his actions would have the same reaction if it was Aaron Rodgers or Jason Whitten refusing to stand for the anthem.

Disagreeing with a person of color isn't racism, in and of it's self, no matter how many times we are told that it is.

I think the majority of people that have an issue with his actions would have the same reaction if it was Aaron Rodgers or Jason Whitten refusing to stand for the anthem.

Disagreeing with a person of color isn't racism, in and of it's self, no matter how many times we are told that it is.

Good post ^^^^

If I disagree with a women I'm sexist

If I disagree with a Muslim I'm Islamophobic

If I disagree with a lbgt I'm homophobic

If I disagree with a black I'm racist

The list goes on and on.

If I fly the flag, and stand salute and claim to be a patriotic, I'm now a racist.

I'll agree gametime, this is indeed very sad.

Oh, that over played card again. Sorry Kap, sometimes it's just someone disagrees with the form of protest. Not respecting our fallen soldiers, active soldiers or past soldiers is a form I completely disagree with. I couldn't care less what his opinion of me is on this issue. I know it has zero to do with skin color in my case.

I think there would be way less of a reaction if Rodgers or Witten did it. No way either of them gets talked about the way Kaepernick is talked about. Not a chance.

Oh, that over played card again. Sorry Kap, sometimes it's just someone disagrees with the form of protest. Not respecting our fallen soldiers, active soldiers or past soldiers is a form I completely disagree with. I couldn't care less what his opinion of me is on this issue. I know it has zero to do with skin color in my case.

Why would you think he is talking about you? Did you see the story about the kid from Belmont who was expelled for his Snapchat photo in which he made a strong racist statement about respecting the flag? Have you seen statements people have made about Kaepernick? Latent racism is everywhere. Why do you feel he is talking about you when there all kinds of examples proving his statement true?

The problem I see is that until people realize and acknowledge racism still exists, even if they aren't racist, are part of the problem. Why do so many white people take it personally, that I don't understand? Even if more than likely aren't.

CK (the kneeling part) does a peaceful legal protest, hurts no one, and just gets blasted and no Aaron Rodgers would not have caused this much of an uproar. The only way I see a person of color protesting and not getting blasted is if they don't. Most want persons of color to just shut up, be glad they are in this country and take the inequalities that are blatant at times.

If I am white and not racist, then there is no problem. If I wear a uniform and am a law enforcement officer, I am not racist. These are really big problems that still continue. I did NOT say all, most, or even some. It is a small percentage, it appears, but it is real.

Edited by Bengal Maniac

The problem I see is that until people realize and acknowledge racism still exists, even if they aren't racist, are part of the problem. Why do so many white people take it personally, that I don't understand? Even if more than likely aren't.

CK (the kneeling part) does a peaceful legal protest, hurts no one, and just gets blasted and no Aaron Rodgers would not have caused this much of an uproar. The only way I see a person of color protesting and not getting blasted is if they don't. Most want persons of color to just shut up, be glad they are in this country and take the inequalities that are blatant at times.

If I am white and not racist, then there is no problem. If I where a uniform and am a law enforcement officer, I am not racist. These are really big problems that still continue. I din NOT say all, most, or even some. It is a small percentage, it appears, but it is real.

People act like Kap is talking about them and they get so defensive.