Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

I understand that it appears like a blanket statement based on things he has said and done since this all began. I do think when he made his statement he was speaking on his experiences after his protest began. His Twitter mentions alone have been unreal and seeing some of the things that have been said about him on Twitter it is easy to see why he made this statement.

I get that and agree with him when it comes to morons like that. The crap that was said on Twitter is ignorant, hateful and without question, racist.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that and agree with him when it comes to morons like that. The crap that was said on Twitter is ignorant, hateful and without question, racist.

I feel like he is talking about them but I could be wrong and it could be a blanket statement. I really feel like he is speaking to those people though.

That's you. You need to account for the rest of the world though. There would be some who burn his jersey. There would be some who hated him before his protest that would love him now. There would be some who hated the protest that would be more open minded. You have to account for everyone and not just yourself in this situation.

I don't draw my conciusionsfrom within a bubble. I did give my own personal feeling what I would think if my favorite football player did what Cap has done. However the statement was if Rodgers or Brady or someone similar did the same as Cap they would not draw the ire that he did. I just simply disagree with that on the whole. I think they would draw the same type of ire from the public that he did. One could argue they may very well draw more disdain because they are much better known it could maybe make an even bigger stir.

I don't draw my conciusionsfrom within a bubble. I did give my own personal feeling what I would think if my favorite football player did what Cap has done. However the statement was if Rodgers or Brady or someone similar did the same as Cap they would not draw the ire that he did. I just simply disagree with that on the whole. I think they would draw the same type of ire from the public that he did. One could argue they may very well draw more disdain because they are much better known it could maybe make an even bigger stir.

No chance. Both have two different states behind them that will support them no matter what.

No chance. Both have two different states behind them that will support them no matter what.

Could be...but I think there'd be some pretty heated wisconsinites that wouldn't be real happy with Rogers. But if you mean they wouldn't throw him to the curb, then yes I agree they probably wouldn't because he is a superstar very successful player. If he blew his knee out tomorrow and became a career backup he probably wouldn't be afforded that luxury.