Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some truth in Kap's statement. But also it gives the impression that if you disagree you are a racist which is equally as unfair.

I think that is how people want to perceive it. Go look at his mentions on twitter or maybe we can get some of the audio of the death threats he has been receiving. Guarantee those are some of the racists

hiding behind patriotism that he is talking about.

Nate Boyer gets it.

An open letter to Colin Kaepernick, from a Green Beret-t | Army Times

Here is the way I see it.

If he has the right to protest and kneel down.

I have the right to criticize him and disagree with what he thinks.

But I think its crap that if I disagree with him I get labeled a racist, etc.

And we are told that if it was a white person doing it then nothing would be said. I totally disagree, Its the America thing and pride in America thing to me. Just like the WHITE woman soccer player, I despise her for what she did, just as I do anyone else.

I'm broke and would take out a loan to take this bet. You really think the city of Boston and all of New England would turn on Tom? You think the state of Wisconsin would turn on Aaron? Those fan bases are just like any other fan base. They'll support their guys, warts and all, for victories.

I agree on this. What ever is being protested, there will always be some that feel the same way. Just as some agree with CK, some would agree with whatever stance they were taking and would support their cause by buying their jersey.