Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is being racist against the law?

Is what he did against the law and deserving to be arrested?

Is he not allowed to dress like he did?

Dont get me wrong, he is dumb, but what if it happens the other way and BLM does something similar at a Blue lives Matter event, will they be arrested also?

What we fail to see and accept that is still in existence.........

Tenn. student charged for wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas during Black Lives Matter event

Guy went out of his way to be racist.

Man, what I wouldn't give to have seen the biggest white dude on campus come up to this loser, rip his mask off and cave his face in. Actually would have loved to have seen any of the black guys do it too, but I think that's exactly what he was looking for, so having a white dude clean his clock would have been anathema to what he was trying to do.

POTUS spoke on this today.

Obama has message for protesting athletes

I served, my brother served, my father served. What CK is doing doesn't disrespect me in one bit because I know why "I" did it, and I don't need anyone to stand on my behalf for what "I" believed in. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not a policy for anyone outside of the US Govt to stand and salute or do any of the required rudiments for our National Anthem. We need to stop worrying about others and worry about we as an individual is doing to make this country better. (And I think that's what KC is trying to do whether we like or not..GOIP)

What we fail to see and accept that is still in existence.........

Tenn. student charged for wearing gorilla mask, handing out bananas during Black Lives Matter event

Granted, the guy was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why is this guy arrested? There were students in peaceful assembly at a University of Kansas area and were having a discussion about safe spaces. Then this group that calls themselves "social justice warriors" barged into the discussion meeting and used all kinds of language such as white priviledge, racist and white supremacist to denigrate them. The peaceful meeting was crashed and stopped and not a single person arrested. Was this reverse racism? You will tolerate me but I don't have to tolerate you.

Granted, the guy was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why is this guy arrested? There were students in peaceful assembly at a University of Kansas area and were having a discussion about safe spaces. Then this group that calls themselves "social justice warriors" barged into the discussion meeting and used all kinds of language such as white priviledge, racist and white supremacist to denigrate them. The peaceful meeting was crashed and stopped and not a single person arrested. Was this reverse racism? You will tolerate me but I don't have to tolerate you.

The ETSU administrators who chose to charge the young man with civil rights intimidation can't go to Kansas to charge people. One thing we all know is that people in different places respond to racism differently.

The ETSU administrators who chose to charge the young man with civil rights intimidation can't go to Kansas to charge people. One thing we all know is that people in different places respond to racism differently.

Your first statement sounded dismissive, there are civil rights enforcement in every state. Federally, they are everywhere. And a hate crime is very well defined. But that is not a reason, charge all or none. Where is the outrage over inequality for a charge against the "social justice warriors"? NO one expects ETSU to travel to KU (did not expect that), but there should be some law on the books at KU to protect these students, because their situation could have become dangerous very quickly. This was a violent confrontation. It matters not to me whose assembly gets trashed, it should be a freedom for all to assemble peacefully.

Your first statement sounded dismissive, there are civil rights enforcement in every state. Federally, they are everywhere. And a hate crime is very well defined. But that is not a reason, charge all or none. Where is the outrage over inequality for a charge against the "social justice warriors"? NO one expects ETSU to travel to KU (did not expect that), but there should be some law on the books at KU to protect these students, because their situation could have become dangerous very quickly. This was a violent confrontation. It matters not to me whose assembly gets trashed, it should be a freedom for all to assemble peacefully.

You are reading way too much into it then. One incident happened in Tennessee. The other happened in Kansas. Two different sets of administrators at two different schools in two different states are making decisions. Your question should be to the administrators in Kansas and not folks on BGP who are wondering the same thing you are wondering. The only thing I can think of is that two different administrations made two different decisions. I don't know why Kansas didn't choose the charge the students with civil

rights intimidation. It wouldn't have bothered me if they had. Folks have a right to assemble and it seemed like a peaceful assembly until they were barged in on and confronted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...