Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm not intelligent enough to know what the mind of the rest of America is.

Well, my speculation says that there would be a different reaction if it was those two and it wouldn't be as volatile as it has been against Kap. Hell, the racial impact is eliminated immediately so it's already less volatile.

Well, my speculation says that there would be a different reaction if it was those two and it wouldn't be as volatile as it has been against Kap. Hell, the racial impact is eliminated immediately so it's already less volatile.

I don't see everything as having racist overtones.

I haven't seen anything as volatile against CK. Unless calling someone an idiot is volatile. Then again, none of the people I associate myself with, or even aquaintances, are the least bit racist.

I haven't seen anything as volatile against CK. Unless calling someone an idiot is volatile. Then again, none of the people I associate myself with, or even aquaintances, are the least bit racist.

Colin Kaepernick on receiving death threats: Violence would prove my point

US: Colin Kaepernick says he has received death threats - News from Al Jazeera

This is where I'm coming from, the people on my street are not mad over race. It's clearly not about that from my area.

Go look at his Twitter mentions or search his name and add different adjectives to it on Twitter. You'll see it then.

This is where I'm coming from, the people on my street are not mad over race. It's clearly not about that from my area.

Go look at his Twitter mentions or search his name and add different adjectives to it on Twitter. You'll see it then.

There has definitely been violent comments/threats made toward CK. These people aren't patriots, they are sub-human at best.

I don't draw my conciusionsfrom within a bubble. I did give my own personal feeling what I would think if my favorite football player did what Cap has done. However the statement was if Rodgers or Brady or someone similar did the same as Cap they would not draw the ire that he did. I just simply disagree with that on the whole. I think they would draw the same type of ire from the public that he did. One could argue they may very well draw more disdain because they are much better known it could maybe make an even bigger stir.

When I first skimmed this, I was completely taken aback by it, wondering to myself "now what in the Sam Hill does this guy know about Confucius?"

When I first skimmed this, I was completely taken aback by it, wondering to myself "now what in the Sam Hill does this guy know about Confucius?"

Dang, I didn't catch that...that was supposed to read conclusions. I did speech to text on my phone to post that...not sure how that happened.

Always room for more $$'s and the notoriety he's desperately missing?

He just made the cover of Time Magazine and he is beloved by blacks all across America. He'll never in his life be more relevant than he is now and cutting him would be the best thing that could happen to him. He'd have more time to make a true difference in society and I truly believe he wants to make that difference. I don't feel like this is a self serving moment for him. Who wants death threats and racial slurs thrown at you throughout the day everyday? I sure wouldn't.

He just made the cover of Time Magazine and he is beloved by blacks all across America. He'll never in his life be more relevant than he is now and cutting him would be the best thing that could happen to him. He'd have more time to make a true difference in society and I truly believe he wants to make that difference. I don't feel like this is a self serving moment for him. Who wants death threats and racial slurs thrown at you throughout the day everyday? I sure wouldn't.

Agree on the death threats, etc.; but think he's a little late to the party? Why did he only decide to get "involved" when he got demoted to second/third string? Seems a bit self serving, but if he's sincere; then more power to him.

Agree on the death threats, etc.; but think he's a little late to the party? Why did he only decide to get "involved" when he got demoted to second/third string? Seems a bit self serving, but if he's sincere; then more power to him.

I think he is sincere. His message makes sense to me minus the socks.