Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

If you insert Brady for Kap he doesn't get killed anywhere near where Kap does. In fact, the movement needs Brady to come

out and take a knee for the cause. But he won't do that and we all

know why.

I just totally disagree. Those that support CK will of course throw all sorts of platitudes Brady's way if he did that. He would get skewered by those that disagree with CK now.

I don't agree with CK's actions. Roger Staubach is my all time favorite player. If he did what CK did I wouldn't agree with his actions either and would be disappointed.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you think he is talking about you? Did you see the story about the kid from Belmont who was expelled for his Snapchat photo in which he made a strong racist statement about respecting the flag? Have you seen statements people have made about Kaepernick? Latent racism is everywhere. Why do you feel he is talking about you when there all kinds of examples proving his statement true?

I don't think he's talking directly about me. I think he made another blanket statement. He seems to do that a fair amount. I'm white, so I'm covered in his blanket statement, I don't care for it.

Yes, I realize there are ignorant, racist people like the Snapchat clown. I got news though, there are plenty of racist clowns that are supporting Kaepernick as well.

I just totally disagree. Those that support CK will of course throw all sorts of platitudes Brady's way if he did that. He would get skewered by those that disagree with CK now.

I don't agree with CK's actions. Roger Staubach is my all time favorite player. If he did what CK did I wouldn't agree with his actions either and would be disappointed.

That's you. You need to account for the rest of the world though. There would be some who burn his jersey. There would be some who hated him before his protest that would love him now. There would be some who hated the protest that would be more open minded. You have to account for everyone and not just yourself in this situation.

Edited by PurplePride92

I don't think he's talking directly about me. I think he made another blanket statement. He seems to do that a fair amount. I'm white, so I'm covered in his blanket statement, I don't care for it.

Yes, I realize there are ignorant, racist people like the Snapchat clown. I got news though, there are plenty of racist clowns that are supporting Kaepernick as well.

True. And while I support Kap I don't support all of the things the racist clowns that support him say. Can you acknowledge that he might be correct in what he says? Just because you don't like him and don't like how he protests doesn't mean he is wrong.

I have no problem with those who conduct silent protests like CK. He has his reasons and it's not hurting anyone. I don't like CNN. I protest by not watching it. I don't like Chipolte. I protest by not eating there. Of course, my silent protests are not on a world stage.

He feels like he has enough facts on his side to conduct a protest. More power to him.

Those in Charlotte, NC on the other hand.....

If Aaron Rodgers or even Tom Brady took a knee with Kap then Kap's protest would gain validity. Guaranteed that there would be a number of people who would say, "damn, if Aaron and Tom are taking a knee then there must be something really going on." Not saying you know anyone who would think like that but there would be thousands of people nationwide who soften their stance as a result of Aaron and Tom joining the cause. Guarantee it.

I don't care what Kap, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers say or do, so much so, that I don't even pay attention to what they do on Sunday afternoons.

True. And while I support Kap I don't support all of the things the racist clowns that support him say. Can you acknowledge that he might be correct in what he says? Just because you don't like him and don't like how he protests doesn't mean he is wrong.
I know you don't support those clowns, you're a good dude.

Let me clarify a few things. I don't dislike him. I don't know him and so it would be unfair of me to dislike him for some things he has said or done that I don't agree with. I think he has every right to protest, I would have preferred something other than using the anthem, but he has every right to do just that. I think he does have some valid points. I acknowledge that he is correct that SOME are racist and hiding behind patriotism, but it felt more like a blanket statement and that's why I reacted the way I did. I get tired of that crap and I don't have any problem speaking my mind. I realized long before he sat out the anthem that there were bad cops. I also knew long before he sat, that there were and are still racist cops. Overwhelmingly, the majority of police officers are good people doing a tough and thankless job and all they want to do is get home to their loved ones at the end of the day. Any move they make gets scrutinized relentlessly these days and people get upset when some of us scrutinize Kap for what we feel are blanket statements or disagreeing with the form of protest for what we believe are good reasons and we get labeled. It happened in this thread. It's ridiculous. People can disagree, it doesn't make them racist. That is until someone on their lofty perch decides they sit in judgement and can deem whomever they want as whatever label they decide fits.

If Aaron Rodgers or even Tom Brady took a knee with Kap then Kap's protest would gain validity. Guaranteed that there would be a number of people who would say, "damn, if Aaron and Tom are taking a knee then there must be something really going on." Not saying you know anyone who would think like that but there would be thousands of people nationwide who soften their stance as a result of Aaron and Tom joining the cause. Guarantee it.

No doubt about it.

I know you don't support those clowns, you're a good dude.

Let me clarify a few things. I don't dislike him. I don't know him and so it would be unfair of me to dislike him for some things he has said or done that I don't agree with. I think he has every right to protest, I would have preferred something other than using the anthem, but he has every right to do just that. I think he does have some valid points. I acknowledge that he is correct that SOME are racist and hiding behind patriotism, but it felt more like a blanket statement and that's why I reacted the way I did. I get tired of that crap and I don't have any problem speaking my mind. I realized long before he sat out the anthem that there were bad cops. I also knew long before he sat, that there were and are still racist cops. Overwhelmingly, the majority of police officers are good people doing a tough and thankless job and all they want to do is get home to their loved ones at the end of the day. Any move they make gets scrutinized relentlessly these days and people get upset when some of us scrutinize Kap for what we feel are blanket statements or disagreeing with the form of protest for what we believe are good reasons and we get labeled. It happened in this thread. It's ridiculous. People can disagree, it doesn't make them racist. That is until someone on their lofty perch decides they sit in judgement and can deem whomever they want as whatever label they decide fits.

I understand that it appears like a blanket statement based on things he has said and done since this all began. I do think when he made his statement he was speaking on his experiences after his protest began. His Twitter mentions alone have been unreal and seeing some of the things that have been said about him on Twitter it is easy to see why he made this statement.