Kaepernick: "There's a lot of racism in this country disguised as patriotism"

gametime

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There are 325 million people in the US. Two-thirds of them are non-hispanic whites. Having a handful of them do stupid racist things does not speak for the other 216 million. However, our media - network and social - gets more play by blowing these things up. MAYBE it is time we STOP looking for racism in the few idiots and enjoy what we have in all the others (mainly non-idiots).

There are 325 million people in the US. Two-thirds of them are non-hispanic whites. Having a handful of them do stupid racist things does not speak for the other 216 million. However, our media - network and social - gets more play by blowing these things up. MAYBE it is time we STOP looking for racism in the few idiots and enjoy what we have in all the others (mainly non-idiots).

Yes, ignoring it will most certainly solve the problem. You can't truly believe that's the solution...

Yes, ignoring it will most certainly solve the problem. You can't truly believe that's the solution...

Who said anything about ignoring problems? But...casting every person for the deeds of a few or blowing demonstrations out of proportion is just as wrong. I think many people are sick of mind games.

You will have to explain this and/or give me examples.

It's an exercise in futility. How about we just recognize that your perspective is different from mine and call it a day.

I'd say you can google latent racism and possibly even the normalization of racism and find some examples there. Probably easier that way because I am pretty sure that nothing I say will matter and I'm tired today. Just got off work. I may engage later when I wake up. I may not. Who knows. I'm hangry and tired right now.

It's an exercise in futility. How about we just recognize that your perspective is different from mine and call it a day.

I'd say you can google latent racism and possibly even the normalization of racism and find some examples there. Probably easier that way because I am pretty sure that nothing I say will matter and I'm tired today. Just got off work. I may engage later when I wake up. I may not. Who knows. I'm hangry and tired right now.

Maybe what I would really like to know is "what will the world look like when there is no racism?'. Maybe one can say it is not human nature, so it will never happen, but I can't accept that. However, if we don't have a common vision of how the world, country or neighborhood will look without it, we don't stand a chance. How does one meet a goal that is not defined or clarified? BTW, I will google the topics you offered. Have a good rest my friend.

• 3 weeks later...