Beechwood 35 Dixie Heights 9

Birdsfan

It is a shame that Dixie has taken on the toughest teams in the area (unlike some other schools) and has come out so slow. I know that the guys on the team are struggling with how to correct the problems. But I also know that the coaches are taking a toll on the team as well. Word is that they have lost all respect and confidence in their team. While I agree that there is a time for kicking your teams butt for lack of effort, there is also a time for motinvating them to be better through "positive reinforcement". Sometimes, an encouraging word can make the difference. As for the team, if the fans think that they aren't aware of the feelings of those around them (for example: fans and others telling them they look bad and constantly asking what is the problem?) maybe some support would go alittle furthter than unsolicted criticism. Dixie is a constant and they will make the adjustments and be just fine. Keep the faith guys and close your ears to the garbage that is flying all around you!:thumb:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Dixie never ready to compete early in the season? Do the coaches not prepare them?

But I also know that the coaches are taking a toll on the team as well. Word is that they have lost all respect and confidence in their team. :

Any one care to comment on the coaching staff at Dixie High School?

Any one care to comment on the coaching staff at Dixie High School?

Dixie has a solid coaching staff, and a great head coach in Spritzky. It's evident by the way the program has grown since he's been there. He's a very well respected man. As far as why they start out so slow, I have no clue why. I really didn't expect it this year with the number of returning starters and experienced players. Spritzky always changes personnel around until he gets the right mix for the start of districts, so I wouldn't right them off yet.

I highly doubt they lost all respect for their players. Their confidence in their players may be a little low as they haven't shown them anything yet. Based on their 2 performances so far, which coach wouldn't lose some confidence in some players? No-one on the team has stepped up to take a leadership role. I see a lot of boys yelling on the sidelines at others to step up and do something, but until that person steps up too, no-one will listen. Someone on each side of the ball has to step up, or it will be a long season. Last year, they had great senior leadership on both sides of the ball which helped tremendously.