August 3, 201610 yr I love at the 8:24 mark where the kid says "Well different is good, just maybe a different kind of different". For the records, my kids and nieces grew up hearing about Bill Clinton's acts that weren't sex but really they were. Today's kids have it easy.
August 3, 201610 yr I am apalled at the lengths people will go to, to rationalize and support Trump's insanity. These are the same people who have spent at LEAST a decade deriding Joe Biden for things he's said gaffes, he's committed. Many people I used to at least respect the opinions of, even while disagreeing, have me questioning my judgement in people. These people have lost all credibility with me. Imagine for a bit if HRC had said McCain wasn't a war hero. Or if she had tangled with the Kahn's. Or if she had accepted a purple heart from a total stranger and talked about how easy it was to get. It would melt down the internet. But they happily support Trump in these statements.
August 3, 201610 yr Author Dr Ruth is 88. Maybe she can chime in with her expertise on Trump's issues in the bedroom from afar. Feel free to chime in on his molars and bicuspids. Bad teeth can affect one's overall health. So , Donald's odontology is probably germane to our discussion.
August 3, 201610 yr Imagine for a bit if HRC had said McCain wasn't a war hero. Or if she had tangled with the Kahn's. Or if she had accepted a purple heart from a total stranger and talked about how easy it was to get. It would melt down the internet. But they happily support Trump in these statements. All legit complaints. Do you deride Hillary for calling Mrs. Smith a liar? How about Director Comey?
August 3, 201610 yr papa is about to get a bill in the mail for the teledentistry I did on him today. Kinda like that assumable mortgage I got from the bank. They assumed I'd pay it.
August 3, 201610 yr I am apalled at the lengths people will go to, to rationalize and support Trump's insanity. These are the same people who have spent at LEAST a decade deriding Joe Biden for things he's said gaffes, he's committed. Many people I used to at least respect the opinions of, even while disagreeing, have me questioning my judgement in people. These people have lost all credibility with me. I feel ya sister, and the thing that I often forget and need to constantly remind myself is to try not let politics drive a wedge between me and the friends and family in my life that have different views. There are numerous people in my life who are Republican, and historically it hasn't been too much of an issue, though If I see our conversations sliding into controversial areas I tend to try to switch it to something that we have common interests in like sports or music. I literally don't know what any of them think about Trump, and I don't want to know. I don't want my impression of them to be so tarnished that I start doing what I all along never wanted politics to do, and drive me away from them. I want to feel like I'm better than that, but it isn't always easy. Our culture is so ate up with it, and it's so easy be dragged into it, or find ourselves getting caught up with it even if ordinarily it's not typically who we are to allow ourselves to become so serious. With a couple of my friends, I have witnessed political obsession to literally become an addiction where they can barely get through a sentence without incorporating a remark about what in the world is so awful, and who's at fault. Sure it's understandable to have concerns about the world, but when it becomes so completely consuming that you can't let your hair down anymore, though the obsessed person might not see it, everyone else around them either starts getting annoyed and drifting away, or in many cases find themselves just getting pulled into it too. People for centuries have discussed politics, but it seems like our country has become more and more divided, and it's likely partly because of the media and our love affair with the internet that has something to do with it. We're feeding our heads way more than years past when it was just the nightly news broadcast, and the morning paper. Now anytime night or day we're exposing ourselves to it, and if we spend all day with it there's not likely room for much else to occupy our minds, and in turn that's all we know to discuss when we get around others, which only stands to make our associations suffer. I don't know how or if our culture will ever ease up and dial it back, and I fear that before long it will just be considered normal to be perpetually obsessed, but as I sit here watching America's Got Talent I'm thankful to see that it's void of controversy, and I'm reminded that the world that I want to live in begins with my attitude, and to never forget to keep a good sense of humor and a childlike spirit.
August 3, 201610 yr 'Insane'? Hasn't the shark been jumped when this specific word is used? This was one of the distributed talking points this week - seems to have been a hit.
August 3, 201610 yr I'd be objecting if this were about Hillary. Stating an an opinion and trying to post links to just another opinion and trying to pass it off as a legitimate evaluation are two entirely different animals. I wish I could buy that.
August 3, 201610 yr I wish I could buy that. Frankly, I could care less if you do or not. I am comfortable with the truth.
August 3, 201610 yr Donald Trump's Tuesday was another step in the direction of legitimatizing this thread. After the weekend of doubling down on his comments about a Gold Star family yesterday Trump: accepted a Purple Heart from a vet, asked a mother with crying babies leave, and vocally withheld his support for Paul Ryan and John McCain. Those are just the things I read about. I can only imagine what Trump will say next.
August 3, 201610 yr Donald Trump's Tuesday was another step in the direction of legitimatizing this thread. After the weekend of doubling down on his comments about a Gold Star family yesterday Trump: accepted a Purple Heart from a vet, asked a mother with crying babies leave, and vocally withheld his support for Paul Ryan and John McCain. Those are just the things I read about. I can only imagine what Trump will say next. So you consume nothing but the best of the sheep feed on a daily basis ? If we want to make this a better thread, let's start with this. What do you know about Khan anyway ? That he has a vested interest in a very specific segment of the population that, if not allowed in the country, would dry up his revenue stream. This guy gets pimped out by the DNC on multiple media outlets and gets it handed to him and decides he can't take the heat, shuts down his website and boo hoos to the very media that helped him set up the show........ No doubling down here...just because a parent has lost a son in a war not supported by HRC doesn't give the guy a free pass to say anything someone puts on a teleprompter
August 3, 201610 yr He did not send or receive tweets from his personal phone or server. He may have been extremely careless and not logged out. So who can say? Let's get Comey on the case. After an intensive investigation it has been found that there was no intent to inflame, poke at, harrass, enrage, degrade or cause any emotional or physical harm to anyone with Trumps unsecured tweets. However it has been found that he was extremely careless in leaving his tweeting devices unprotected. It has been found that Donald used many different devices for his tweets, and that he used them in many states. His tweeting may have been compromised by foreign operatives ( DNC ). We have concluded that there will be no charges in the public forum recommended for Donald as no such reasonable person can take the case to prosecution.
August 3, 201610 yr After an intensive investigation it has been found that there was no intent to inflame, poke at, harrass, enrage, degrade or cause any emotional or physical harm to anyone with Trumps unsecured tweets. However it has been found that he was extremely careless in leaving his tweeting devices unprotected. It has been found that Donald used many different devices for his tweets, and that he used them in many states. His tweeting may have been compromised by foreign operatives ( DNC ). We have concluded that there will be no charges in the public forum recommended for Donald as no such reasonable person can take the case to prosecution. At this point, what difference does it make?! :ylsuper:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.