Fire Klinsmann, NOW

Let's be honest, Argentina is on a mission. Ok...but what Klinsmann continues to do when the moment calls on him to make positional decisions is unforgivable. Get him out. We are a counter attacking country. Teach players to press and possess. We will never be Spain or Germany. Play the American way.

Edited by mexitucky

Won't happen. I'm definitely disappointed with the way that went down, but Gulati ain't pulling that trigger after making the Copa Semifinals.

He gets about two months to get himself ready for what should be two easy wins in World Cup qualifying (Trinidad and Tobago at home; St. Vincent and the Grenadines on the road) and then two months after that to put his squad together for the final Hex, which starts on November 7.

I think this tournament has solidified the back line for the rest of 2016 and probably through all of 2018 qualifying. That's a positive. I'd love it if he could find a better left back and move Johnson up, but I don't think it's going to happen.

His primary task is to find a replacement for Beckerman when Plan A (Bedoya) doesn't take and Jones isn't getting any younger. He needs to use the rest of 2016 to find a serviceable midfield heading toward the heart of Hexagonal qualifying next year. Hopefully that's going to be impressed upon him as well.

^You forgot a goalie....Guzan isn't any good IMO.

That's fair.

I'm a fan of the kid that was third on the goalie depth chart for this tournament, Ethan Horvath. There are a couple other really young guys that will hopefully put us back into the situation we're accustomed to: a glut of good goalkeeping.

That's fair.

I'm a fan of the kid that was third on the goalie depth chart for this tournament, Ethan Horvath. There are a couple other really young guys that will hopefully put us back into the situation we're accustomed to: a glut of good goalkeeping.

The blonde head kid who grew up in Mexico is really good, IMO.

The blonde head kid who grew up in Mexico is really good, IMO.

Yarbrough or something like that? Yeah.

And Zach Steffen was a fantastic keeper during the last U-20 World Cup. Got his hand on the game winning penalty but couldn't quite stop it in that quarterfinal loss to eventual champion Serbia.