Muhammad Ali Has Died

SportsGuy41017

I used to love sitting in the living room with my dad watching Mr. Ali's fights. Dad would talk about all of the fighters of the 20th century and sad Ali was the greatest. R.I.P.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember listening on the radio when he defeated Sonny Liston in 1964. My dad was county jailer and some of the inmates wanted a radio to listen to the fight, so dad got one and we went upstairs where they were and listened to it with them.

I remember in his formative years as a champ I didn't like him much and rooted for him to lose his fights. I thought he was too much of a loudmouth and bragged on himself to no end. But then it didn't take me long to realize he was a genius in marketing his sport. Most of his bravado was just an act to pump up attention to his next fight.

The sport needs another Ali to pump it up again. RIP Greatest.

I used to love sitting in the living room with my dad watching Mr. Ali's fights. Dad would talk about all of the fighters of the 20th century and sad Ali was the greatest. R.I.P.

I remember my dad getting up in the middle of the night to listen to the fights on AFN (Armed Forces Radio). He was a big fan.

RIP to the Greatest.