Muhammad Ali Has Died

SportsGuy41017

What do we do if we don't have enough willing young men and women to go fight for us?

I don't see that ever being an issue. There are enough folks these days that want to fight to protect our country. Those people are the real heroes.

Here's an idea... Let's make it WORTH IT to be in the military! The people putting their lives on the line to defend this country should be treated like Kings and Queens when they are done serving. JMO.

If we do get to a point where we don't have enough folks to fight, maybe that's an indication that we shouldn't be sticking our noses in places we have no business being.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see that ever being an issue. There are enough folks these days that want to fight to protect our country. Those people are the real heroes.

Here's an idea... Let's make it WORTH IT to be in the military! The people putting their lives on the line to defend this country should be treated like Kings and Queens when they are done serving. JMO.

If we do get to a point where we don't have enough folks to fight, maybe that's an indication that we shouldn't be sticking our noses in places we have no business being.

If they ever pass the $15 an hour to work at a fast food restaurant, you may see less people joining the military.

This may have been covered and I missed it, but I was under the understanding that followers of Islam were to be buried as soon as possible after their death.

Why the 7 day delay for Ali's burial?

Is that okay with other Muslims?

I've also read that nothing but a minimal stone shall be used to mark the grave, I'd bet Ali will have a Memorial Stone that stands out in the Cemetery.

Another passage that I read said it is not recommended that the casket may be carried in a car or horse drawn cart and should be carried by person.

This may have been covered and I missed it, but I was under the understanding that followers of Islam were to be buried as soon as possible after their death.

I've also read that nothing but a minimal stone shall be used to mark the grave, I'd bet Ali will have a Memorial Stone that stands out in the Cemetery.

Another passage that I read said it is not recommended that the casket may be carried in a car or horse drawn cart and should be carried by person.

If he was Christian, would you care about any of this?

Probably not because he already knows the answers to questions about a Christian burial. How is he supposed to learn if he doesn't ask?

If his post is purely about knowledge, carry on... If not, then my post remains relevant.

If he was Christian, would you care about any of this?

I'm not bothered that he is a Muslim. If there were particular instructions for a Christian to be buried and the most well known Christian in the country passed away. His funeral and burial would be expected to follow those instructions and rules, if they didn't I'd wonder why as well.

Maybe allocations can be made for certain Muslims, I don't know and that's why I was asking.

I'm not bothered that he is a Muslim. If there were particular instructions for a Christian to be buried and the most well known Christian in the country passed away. His funeral and burial would be expected to follow those instructions and rules, if they didn't I'd wonder why as well.

Maybe allocations can be made for certain Muslims, I don't know and that's why I was asking.

Some Googling suggests that the practice of the 12-inch high grave marker is no longer generally practiced in most parts of the world. There are pictures of some Muslim cemeteries and they are littered with two-and-three-feet tall headstones. Perhaps it's gone the way of women covering their heads in Christian churches.

I didn't see anything about the time restrictions in my looking, but I didn't look very hard.

Some Googling suggests that the practice of the 12-inch high grave marker is no longer generally practiced in most parts of the world. There are pictures of some Muslim cemeteries and they are littered with two-and-three-feet tall headstones. Perhaps it's gone the way of women covering their heads in Christian churches.

I didn't see anything about the time restrictions in my looking, but I didn't look very hard.

I didn't see a hard fast X amount of hours or days but every reference I read said the deceased were to be buried as soon as possible.

I think it is all part of the fame and fortune. We all think it is great when we see these fabulous athletes/actors, etc. make all of this money and lead this glorious life style. The sad part is that their private lives also become non existent. Every thing they do gets put under the scope and we all get our chance to judge them for the great that they do and any wrong doings they might partake in.

I don't disagree with you, I certainly think it's worthy of debate and a thread. I just feel it should be separated from the thread about their death. Just my opinion.

I don't disagree with you, I certainly think it's worthy of debate and a thread. I just feel it should be separated from the thread about their death. Just my opinion.

Wait until OJ dies. :lol2:

In keeping with Islamic tradition, "Ali" will be the single word inscribed on the headstone for the boxing superstar, Gunnell said.

Muhammad Ali processional, burial in Louisville, Kentucky