Muhammad Ali Has Died

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As in, was drafted and didn't serve in the military. Not sure why any clarification is needed...

Just clarifying before I follow up.

Do you believe in the concept of "conscientious objector?"

If you're over 18, and a draft is instituted and your number or whatever it is gets called, you serve. It's not that complicated. It's very self-explanatory.

We can never assume what one means in the few words they type, thus, the follow-up questions.

Your consistency on this is noted. I'll ask for your thoughts on what I asked before. Why do we have so much vitriol for Ali's position vs others who took the college deferment route? At least Ali stood up and said why he didn't want to go.

No one should EVER be forced to join the military or go to war. You can call me unpatriotic or whatever else you want. The draft was an incredibly stupid idea, and thousands died that didn't have to because of it.

We can never assume what one means in the few words they type, thus, the follow-up questions.

Your consistency on this is noted. I'll ask for your thoughts on what I asked before. Why do we have so much vitriol for Ali's position vs others who took the college deferment route? At least Ali stood up and said why he didn't want to go.

1) because he was more vocal about his position

2) because he was a black man being more vocal about his position

1) because he was more vocal about his position

2) because he was a black man being more vocal about his position

This gets back to my original point and one I've made prior. Had the sons of those with wealth, power, and/or influence had to serve the chances of us going to Vietnam would have been much less. It's easy to vote to go to war when you don't have any skin (especially if it's not the color of yours) in the game.

He's the one that was in the public spotlight. Show me other people who did it, and I promise, they'll get the same amount of disdain that I have for Ali. Famous, black, white, rich, poor, or otherwise. Makes no difference to me.

No one should EVER be forced to join the military or go to war. You can call me unpatriotic or whatever else you want. The draft was an incredibly stupid idea, and thousands died that didn't have to because of it.

Since I can call you anything I want, I'll start with Dummkopf and Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) . If we didn't have the draft when we needed it, you would probably be speaking one of these languages.

I'm sure many men stood up and said why they didn't want to go. They did not want to die! But they proudly served and many gave their lives for our freedom. I thank them for that!

Since I can call you anything I want, I'll start with Dummkopf and Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) . If we didn't have the draft when we needed it, you would probably be speaking one of these languages.

Highly unlikely.

No one should EVER be forced to join the military or go to war. You can call me unpatriotic or whatever else you want. The draft was an incredibly stupid idea' date=' and thousands died that didn't have to because of it.[/quote']

What do we do if we don't have enough willing young men and women to go fight for us?