Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What was your greatest high school athletic or academic achievement?

Featured Replies

Mine would be named captain of the football team and MVP of the defense my senior year. The Keith Ruschell award (I believe like everything else they no longer call it that and have multiple MVPS).

 

In school I had perfect attendance all four years.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 1977 our Mile Relay/4x400 team set a school record that stood until early in the 21st Century

I was seeded about 12th in the 2 mile my senior year. Finished fifth in the race with my best time by over 35 seconds. My one mile split was faster than I did the one mile race. Good feeling to finish my career with my best race.

Other than that, pretty much a lousy athlete until I hot college. 6'0" 135 does not suit one very well for HS sports.

 

My 11th grade wrestling vitals.

Athletically would have to be a team accomplishment. Beating Franklin County in football my senior year after a 13 year period of the schools not playing.

 

Academically, I got a full ride to UofL.

Athletics : Wow , time to put the school jacket back on .. LOL I would say being part of team that won both regionals championships in hoops and baseball. I was far from instrumental in either . I would say individually I peaked early as well .. LOL Was the game winning pitcher in LL all stars VS the defending state champ as an 11 yr old . Beat Ashland on the mound 3-2 in central park my senior year in HS but the weather was so horrible we got in a total of 14 games .. went 7-7

Academically I peaked late . 3. 2 - 3.3 GPA in Pharmacy school from a fine school Samford U .

  • Author
Academically, I got a full ride to UofL.

 

Very impressive. :thumb:

Basketball: 39 points in freshmen game, 37 in jv game and 29 (3 times) I'm varisty.

Baseball: To the best of my knowledge I have pitched the only perfect game in school history. But my favorite is that I got a pitching win without throwing a single strike.

 

Academically, I got a full ride to UofL.

 

Where did the girl that you cheated off of wind up going?

 

Just kidding...that's awesome!

I received an award from CovCath on Senior Honors Night for "4 Years of Perfect Attendance".

 

I was an Honor Student my Freshman and Sophomore years.

 

Because of too much partying my Junior and Senior years I didn't continue to apply myself as I had earlier done, and as a result my grades took a dip. Adequate enough to pass, but not good enough to be considered exceptional.

 

That is a rarity. Nicely done!

Athletic: Member of the 4th Place team in the 1995 State Golf Championship and earning partial golf scholarship to Morehead St.

 

Academic: Passing Ms. Ritchie's Physics class.

:D

Posting a 54-1 record through 4 years of high school football was a pretty cool thing for our team.

That is a rarity. Nicely done!

 

Thanks, that's what the principal who gave out the award said too.

 

I continued the streak the following year while attending Tech School until through their job placement program they helped me to locate a decent position.

 

Though a rarity, remarkably my grade school classmate and pal Mark Wehry aka the voice of CovCath Internet Sports Radio who went to Holy Cross did the very same thing.

 

It must've had something to do with the wonderful guidance of the good Sisters of St. Aloysius Grade School.

 

Mark also had perfect attendance numerous years while in grade school where I came up short by a few days here and there.

 

He probably doesn't realize this, but he planted the seeds for me to have the drive to do this in high school when I yearly saw him earn Perfect Attendance awards in grade school.

Thanks, that's what the principal who gave out the award said too.

 

I continued the streak the following year while attending Tech School until through their job placement program they helped me to locate a decent position.

 

Though a rarity, remarkably my grade school classmate and pal Mark Wehry aka the voice of CovCath Internet Sports Radio who went to Holy Cross did the very same thing.

 

It must've had something to do with the wonderful guidance of the good Sisters of St. Aloysius Grade School.

 

Mark also had perfect attendance numerous years while in grade school where I came up short by a few days here and there.

 

He probably doesn't realize this, but he planted the seeds for me to have the drive to do this in high school when I yearly saw him earn Perfect Attendance awards in grade school.

 

The last awards ceremony I went to had a student who had perfect attendance his entire life - 1st through 12th grade. That is amazing. I think one year would be incredible but for all 12 years, wow.

Academic Achievement....none, not one single thing

 

Athletic Achievement...4 x 1600m relay team set a school record that stands today, 30+ years later...likely to never be broken, a few regional large school track and cross country championships...nothing to write home about.

The last awards ceremony I went to had a student who had perfect attendance his entire life - 1st through 12th grade. That is amazing. I think one year would be incredible but for all 12 years, wow.

 

Wow...That is incredible!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.