Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What was your greatest high school athletic or academic achievement?

Featured Replies

Seting a school record for assists on Senior night is undoubtedly my greatest individual accomplishment. According to KHSAA site I'd be #2 in state history, though my school isn't the only one that doesn't report scores, so i'm probably somewhere around 15-20 or so.

 

As part of a "team" though, our marching band never finished worse than 2nd in the state in my six years, including three championships, and that continued long after I was gone.

 

I was quite the underachiever in school academically. The "Dumbest smart kid" in my class.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posting a 54-1 record through 4 years of high school football was a pretty cool thing for our team.

 

Play somebody! :D

The last awards ceremony I went to had a student who had perfect attendance his entire life - 1st through 12th grade. That is amazing. I think one year would be incredible but for all 12 years, wow.

 

A guy I graduated with did the same. It was nuts. Literally never sick. Or at least not sick enough to miss school.

A guy I graduated with did the same. It was nuts. Literally never sick. Or at least not sick enough to miss school.

 

My oldest went about the last 6 years or so with no missed days. Youngest missed 1 or 2 in about the same number of years.

Play somebody! :D

 

I know! We were to afraid to play the Louisville schools so we just took the safe route and scheduled the Cincy schools :walk:

I know! We were to afraid to play the Louisville schools so we just took the safe route and scheduled the Cincy schools :walk:

 

:lol2: Well done.

I finished my Jr. year 2nd to Frank Jacobs for single season receptions by a tight end. Seeing as he got to split out into 1-on-1 situations with corners, I feel like I should hold the top position. Take that, Frank:)

Football

-3A state championship (2006)

-NKY "top 24"

-made 2 all state teams (BGP and Courier Journal)

-honorable mention to the associated press all state team

-first team all NKY

-was picked as the most valuable offensive lineman in the NKY all star game

-represented my school in the East/West "Best of the Bluegrass" game

-Was on the last team to beat Highlands twice in a season (doesn't happen much)

Academically (thank God for academics, as I was no athlete), I got a 28 on my one and only attempt to take the ACT, which I did with only about 3 days prep. And I received a Presidential Academic Fitness Award my senior year, the first year they were awarded. Not sure if that's still a thing...

 

Athletically, I used to sing the National Anthem at our home basketball games. I was selected to sing the National Anthem at the Girls LIT my senior year. (Hey...I was on the court....I count that as "athletics").

At one time I was 2ND in career passing yards. Way down the list now but football is different these days.

 

Up there on the interception list as well. I blame it on the most difficult district in the state. NKY AAA with Highlands, Cov Catholic was brutal.

Athletics - Nothing

Academics - Nothing

 

Quite the overachiever I see! :lol2:

Posting a 54-1 record through 4 years of high school football was a pretty cool thing for our team

 

FWIW, we also finished #3 in USA today in 2009.

Posting a 54

 

FWIW, we also finished #3 in USA today in 2009.

 

It was a good year in birdland. :dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.