Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What was your greatest high school athletic or academic achievement?

Featured Replies

I remember that game.

 

Some of the administrators looked at us like we had two heads.

 

Gave all the photos away from that game too.

 

I remember so much hype with that game. Then we get blown out and then turned around 5 weeks later and knock them out of the playoffs. Now I'm gonna have to go home tonight and try and find that photo because I bought one.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first semester at NKU (fall of 1981) was about $350 for full-time.

 

MY first semester (fall of 1999) was $1186.

My first semester at NKU (fall of 1981) was about $350 for full-time.

 

Mcpapa's was a bag of grain and a chicken.

Athletic

1) Winning the 3A football state championship in 1997.

1a) Winning the '97 Mud Bowl.

 

Academic

I wrote a paper about the inception and creation of NATO for my girlfriend. She was turning it in at school for a grade, but unbeknownst to me the assignment was turned around and submitted to some national essay contest. "Hers" won the national contest. :lol2:

  • Author
Mcpapa's was a bag of grain and a chicken.

 

:lol2::lol2:

2x All-Conference and All state in Baseball and football. Turned down several D2 football schollies to play D1 baseball.

 

Hit a home run in the old Veterans Stadium in a high school all star game

 

Played on a baseball all star team that finished 5th in the world in the Big League World Series, the 16-18 year old division of Little League Baseball....well before the years of high level travel ball.

 

3 varsity letters in football and baseball, 2 in basketball and 1 in track for a total of 9

 

Graduated #30 in a class of just over 600.

 

It's been all downhill ever since

2x All-Conference and All state in Baseball and football. Turned down several D2 football schollies to play D1 baseball.

 

Hit a home run in the old Veterans Stadium in a high school all star game

 

Played on a baseball all star team that finished 5th in the world in the Big League World Series, the 16-18 year old division of Little League Baseball....well before the years of high level travel ball.

 

3 varsity letters in football and baseball, 2 in basketball and 1 in track for a total of 9

 

Graduated #30 in a class of just over 600.

 

It's been all downhill ever since

 

I peaked at 16.

Had a lot of fun playing football and enjoyed success on the gridiron. Two consecutive conference championships, undefeated "regular" seasons. We had a great group of guys!

 

Academically I was always a B/C student. Too busy chasing girls, playing sports, and lifting weights. Acing my end of the term Psychology paper, senior year, would have been my academic pinnacle. The teacher held me after class and asked how. I said I took some time to apply myself while not chasing girls and working out...I was good to throw a few teachers similar curve balls when necessary to bring up a grade! Yep, I was that guy... :lol2: I had a lot of fun chasing girls...; )

 

:bunny:

Finished 5th out of 270 academically.

 

Football team lost only one game in my four years, was Ohio State Champion 3 times and was national champion twice. Oops, I forgot to say this...unfortunately, I wasn't on the football team...I played tennis.

I guess it was the fact that I was a 4 sport letterman. Not great at anything, but good enough at most.

 

I did beat a Cov Cath kid in tennis once, which was quite an accomplishment for me.

 

I was a good role player on part of a few strong teams, but not a ton of accomplishments individually. We were the 2002 Soccer Regional Champs (2003 Regional Runner-Up) and 2004 Region Runner-Up in Basketball (best record in school history at 26-4. Dad says we still have it by a few % points haha)

I showed up.

 

 

No participation trophies back in the day. I should know.

No participation trophies back in the day. I should know.

 

That explains the empty trophy case in my man cave. I let Mrs. S put beanie babies in it.

I received an award from CovCath on Senior Honors Night for "4 Years of Perfect Attendance".

 

I was an Honor Student my Freshman and Sophomore years.

 

Because of too much partying my Junior and Senior years I didn't continue to apply myself as I had earlier done, and as a result my grades took a dip. Adequate enough to pass, but not good enough to be considered exceptional.

I was seeded about 12th in the 2 mile my senior year. Finished fifth in the race with my best time by over 35 seconds. My one mile split was faster than I did the one mile race. Good feeling to finish my career with my best race.

Other than that, pretty much a lousy athlete until I hot college. 6'0" 135 does not suit one very well for HS sports.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.