Caleb Jefferson

I would put the Maher kid above him just solely based on body development and ability to compete physically at this moment. I'll be intrigued by the development of the Green kid, but I'd probably put Jefferson above him at this point. I've seen Jefferson more often, I'm sure, than anyone ranking last year's 8th graders nationally, so I don't put a lot of stock in that until they all start hitting the national circuit in a year or two.

Again, even if he ends up being the best in the class, they are going to need players around him to help him fully maximize his impact.

OK I agree on Maher but different position. I saw Maher this summer and although a little reckless in the paint he has great skills and a high motor you don't see too often in a freshman. I think he could earn Varsity minutes for the very deep and talented Colonels.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Powell just had 30 last nite against team Winston in super showcase in Orlando. Just total different comp Justin plays against than most kids in ky. All these kids are very nice players thats been mentioned but some folks have to get real with comparing kids when the comp aint even close.

Looks like Caleb and his Legends team are competing again in the AAU national tournament starting Monday in Florida. I wish they had competed in the tougher DI this year, but it looks like they are in DII again, which they won last year. Best of luck!

Looks like Caleb and his Legends team are competing again in the AAU national tournament starting Monday in Florida. I wish they had competed in the tougher DI this year, but it looks like they are in DII again, which they won last year. Best of luck!

Who else is on the team?

I'm hearing Beechwood is the winner.

You are correct

Was told by a friend I trust that Jefferson is at Newcath after all and was practicing with the football team today.

Anyone have more info on the situation or care to confirm/deny?

Maybe he's been cloned and Beechwood gets Caleb.1 and NewCath Caleb.2...could be :idunno:

Was told by a friend I trust that Jefferson is at Newcath after all and was practicing with the football team today.

Anyone have more info on the situation or care to confirm/deny?

Confirmed! Coach Wagner said he is playing football this year and has officially enrolled in the school.

Also told me 3 stud hoopsters will be putting on the pads for the Breds for the first time this year. Hall, Pangallo and Moeves. Along with the Highlands transfer, they should be pretty strong.