Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caleb Jefferson

Featured Replies

Just saw Jefferson walking down Beechwood Road!!! OMG!!! Should I get pictures? Demand answers? Periscope an interview?!?

  • Replies 171
  • Views 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be fair to the family. They are trying to find the right high school for their child who is NOT yet in high school. They're not shopping the kid around. They're trying to figure out what's best with a few considerations - education, cost, basketball, housing, etc.

 

This isn't the Martin girl switching school multiple times.

 

I'd also add that no one is proclaiming this kid to be a young MJ. He's a very nice player with a very nice future. It's discussion on BGP because a)he's talented and b)it's what we do. We talk about trivial matters occasionally. No harm. If it bothers you someone they should go find a good "poop" thread to read.

 

Read post 73

Kid may turn out to be the next MJ .. who knows. I've never seen him .. couldn't pick him out of a lineup of one. But I remember so many middle-school athletes who were supposed to be all-world, and never played past their sophomore year, for various reasons. Much ado about nothing.

 

Best of luck to the young man. Wherever he goes, I hope he's allowed to be 14.

He's a great player but he stood out more last year than this year. He physically matured a little quicker than most other kids. Kids r catching up!!

Dead on

Questions don't remain for a few of us that interact with him every day.

 

That's the big problem here. Some of those that interact with him everyday are more concerned about how attending Beechwood will benefit them instead of wanting Caleb to go where he wants to go. We've all heard the influence that AAU coaches can have on where kids attend college but now it's also happening for High School choices. It seems like if Caleb really wanted to go to Beechwood, the decision would have already been made and this forum wouldn't have started.

Just doesn't seem right that the guy that is always on here telling everyone to let him alone, is the one that has the most access to him outside of his family.

Caleb is a smart kid and heck of a basketball player. He has some great schools to choose from. None of them will be a bad choice. He and his family are more than capable of deciding where he should go to high school. EVERYONE else (including his AAU/School coach) should let THEM decide.

That's the big problem here. Some of those that interact with him everyday are more concerned about how attending Beechwood will benefit them instead of wanting Caleb to go where he wants to go. We've all heard the influence that AAU coaches can have on where kids attend college but now it's also happening for High School choices. It seems like if Caleb really wanted to go to Beechwood' date=' the decision would have already been made and this forum wouldn't have started. Just doesn't seem right that the guy that is always on here telling everyone to let him alone, is the one that has the most access to him outside of his family. Caleb is a smart kid and heck of a basketball player. He has some great schools to choose from. None of them will be a bad choice. He and his family are more than capable of deciding where he should go to high school. EVERYONE else (including his AAU/School coach) should let THEM decide.[/quote']

 

 

Why do you assume his parents are not the sole decision makers?

Why do you assume his parents are not the sole decision makers?

 

Uhh, I don't think I said that they aren't making the decisions. I said that Caleb and his parents should decide and everyone else should leave them alone.

Uhh' date=' I don't think I said that they aren't making the decisions. I said that Caleb and his parents should decide and everyone else should leave them alone.[/quote']

 

You certainly implied the AAU coaches were trying to be part of the process.

That's the big problem here. Some of those that interact with him everyday are more concerned about how attending Beechwood will benefit them instead of wanting Caleb to go where he wants to go. We've all heard the influence that AAU coaches can have on where kids attend college but now it's also happening for High School choices. It seems like if Caleb really wanted to go to Beechwood, the decision would have already been made and this forum wouldn't have started.

Just doesn't seem right that the guy that is always on here telling everyone to let him alone, is the one that has the most access to him outside of his family.

Caleb is a smart kid and heck of a basketball player. He has some great schools to choose from. None of them will be a bad choice. He and his family are more than capable of deciding where he should go to high school. EVERYONE else (including his AAU/School coach) should let THEM decide.

 

Welcome to BGP

Yes, that's what I implied as well as saying that everyone else that thinks they are an expert on this situation should stop trying to influence the young man. I think what I said was pretty clear, don't know why you're having trouble understanding it.

Yes, that's what I implied as well as saying that everyone else that thinks they are an expert on this situation should stop trying to influence the young man. I think what I said was pretty clear, don't know why you're having trouble understanding it.

 

How do you know that the AAU coaches are trying to influence them?

He's a great player but he stood out more last year than this year. He physically matured a little quicker than most other kids. Kids r catching up!!

 

Physically, yes. However, he never has relied on athleticism from what I have seen. He is THE SMARTEST PG that I have seen at his age, maybe ever. He conducts the game like a maestro. He has great feel for when to push the pace, and when to settle his team down. That is why he will be an excellent high school player.

Physically, yes. However, he never has relied on athleticism from what I have seen. He is THE SMARTEST PG that I have seen at his age, maybe ever. He conducts the game like a maestro. He has great feel for when to push the pace, and when to settle his team down. That is why he will be an excellent high school player.

 

Your right he didn't rely on his athleticism but he did rely on his size and strength. But now since other kids have caught up to him physically he can't finish around the rim as easy. I'm not putting the kid down he's a great player period. Have u seen fraley or Powell play?

Your right he didn't rely on his athleticism but he did rely on his size and strength. But now since other kids have caught up to him physically he can't finish around the rim as easy. I'm not putting the kid down he's a great player period. Have u seen fraley or Powell play?

 

I have not see them play.

You certainly implied the AAU coaches were trying to be part of the process.

 

I dont think he implied the coach was part decision maker. There is implication that he is likely an influencer though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.