Stop the madness i.e. Transferring

I think that most, if not all of you, are missing the point about transfers. The KHSSA mission statement contains language that emphasizes participation and enhancing the experience for the student-athlete - nothing about a coach, program, parent or booster. Being true to their word, the KHSAA will favor the student-athlete, no matter how bad it smells sometimes.

And the student-athletes left behind, whose opportunity is diminished? Is their experience "enhanced"?

Your point is not without validity, but these things don't happen in a vacuum.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that most, if not all of you, are missing the point about transfers. The KHSSA mission statement contains language that emphasizes participation and enhancing the experience for the student-athlete - nothing about a coach, program, parent or booster. Being true to their word, the KHSAA will favor the student-athlete, no matter how bad it smells sometimes.

This may hold true in theory and even in the majority of applied decisions, but there's been more than one BGP thread indicating that it is not always the case. It certainly wasn't the case with our kid.