Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oregon 82 Duke 68

Featured Replies

How much time was left in the game when he took the shot?

 

Less than 10 seconds.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much time was left in the game when he took the shot?

 

Less than 10 seconds.

... And the shot clock was expiring. I would rather someone do that than go in for a highlight reel dunk.

Less than 10 seconds.

 

I probably woulda taken the shot clock violation.

 

I also wouldn't have been that bent out of shape about the shot.

... And the shot clock was expiring. I would rather someone do that than go in for a highlight reel dunk.

 

I probably woulda taken the shot clock violation.

 

I also wouldn't have been that bent out of shape about the shot.

 

The shot was also from about 30 feet. He obviously shot it because of the shot clock & for no other reason. It wasn't an attempt to show anyone up.

 

I wouldn't have taken an exception with Grayson Allen's response either, but when you factor that in with all of his tripping from this year...

 

I have to tip my hat to Oregon. I had Duke in the Elite Eight, mostly because I thought the Ducks were pretenders. From what I saw of the game, they looked really good. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Not a shocker to me. Lecture your own players. Good grief.

 

I am a bit surprised Coach K or Grayson Allen made an issue out of it. The game was over and they had conceded. If it is a competitive nature thing, my comeback is it would bug me if I were an Oregon player to just hand the ball over to the other team.

I thought I read that Coach Kirk told him to shoot it.

Coach K loses horribly. That is the one personality trait he inherited from Bobby Knight. Grayson Allen is in the mold of Laetner, Reddick, Wojo, just something about them makes you not root for them.

Not a shocker to me. Lecture your own players. Good grief.

 

I had no issue with Coach K saying something to the Oregon player.

 

I don't fault Dillon Brooks for taking the shot (what else was he going to do), nor do I fault the future Hall of Fame coach from shaking the players hand and speak to the player with dignity and respect.

 

Non-issue, in my opinion.

I guess @GrizzlyAdams is too busy making new photoshop pictures to respond. :lol2:

I guess @GrizzlyAdams is too busy making new photoshop pictures to respond. :lol2:

 

Last night was a rough one :lol2:. Even though I was expecting Duke to lose I was still a little bitter. I avoided all social media til now.

Coach K is old school and their conversation after the game was a cordial conversation. Let's not act like he sat him down and scolded him. Coach K said what he had to say, Brooks apologized and life went on.

 

I didn't have a problem with the shot or Grayson Allen's reaction to it. Part of it. Some folks have sportsmanship and some don't. I fall in line with the shoot it crowd but I understand why many many teams take a shot clock violation when in the same spot.

 

Another reason why Postgame handshakes are stupid.

 

Coach K loses horribly. :lol2:

Coach K loses horribly. That is the one personality trait he inherited from Bobby Knight. Grayson Allen is in the mold of Laetner, Reddick, Wojo, just something about them makes you not root for them.

 

Loses horribly? Is that why he goes into the opposing teams locker room after almost every loss to congratulate them?

Coach K is old school and their conversation after the game was a cordial conversation. Let's not act like he sat him down and scolded him. Coach K said what he had to say, Brooks apologized and life went on.

 

I didn't have a problem with the shot or Grayson Allen's reaction to it. Part of it. Some folks have sportsmanship and some don't. I fall in line with the shoot it crowd but I understand why many many teams take a shot clock violation when in the same spot.

 

Another reason why Postgame handshakes are stupid.

 

Coach K loses horribly. :lol2:

 

 

i have no problem with any of it, but why deny saying it if you actually said it to the player?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.