Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Pure Hatred for-------"

Featured Replies

I lived in Indy for 13 years and I HATED UK. Now I have 2 kids attending UK and I am so bummed they lost.
Living in central Indiana for 10 years it deepened my love for UK and gave me an til then unknown hate for Purdue. Even though Purdue and UK have rarely played if at all in the last 25 years I got so sick of hearing about them day in and day out. I just got sick hearing about "Big Dog" and Matty Painter. Indiana fans were just as bad and this was at the end of the Knight run...but living in Hoosier land for a decade pretty much sealed the deal that I'll never root for those two.

 

Oh Notre Dame I don't like you either!

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate or really dislike any. I root for UC, XU, UK, and the Harvard of the South (Morehead State University). I like all of them about the same. I will not go out of my way to watch any of them in regular season. I do love watching the tourney, though. Rough weekend!

Extreme dislike for UNC and Duke. Hate is such a strong word. Ok, I hate them both.

  • Author

I don't hate IU. Just not real fond of them. The Bobby Knight era turned me off. But I play along as the in-laws LOVE IU.

 

Purdue never did anything to bother me.

Austin Peay and Vanderbilt top my list.

 

Duke and UL I seldom root for.

Any team from Arkansas. My grandparents retired there (Mountain Home), and I visited many times. It is an ugly state. If we were going to give the nation an enema, Arkansas would be the place.

 

And I will NEVER forgive them for allowing themselves to produce the Clintons.

Any team from Arkansas. My grandparents retired there (Mountain Home), and I visited many times. It is an ugly state. If we were going to give the nation an enema, Arkansas would be the place.

 

And I will NEVER forgive them for allowing themselves to produce the Clintons.

Good point on Arkansas. They are up there pretty high for me. Something about those teams from the mid-90s that was annoying. The pig-suey zombie chant is irking as well.

Austin Peay and Vanderbilt top my list.

 

Duke and UL I seldom root for.

 

That's an odd one. Don't think I've ever heard that one before.

That's an odd one. Don't think I've ever heard that one before.

 

Murray State / Austin Peay is a huge rivalry. I have grown up with it. While it is cool to chant, "Let's go Peay", who really wants to root for urine? If the devil fielded a team, 3 of his top 7 picks would be from Austin Peay.

I don't think I have any real hate. I do get a kick out of watching UK fans rend their garments and go on a rage from time to time, but even then I don't really hate UK. Never been particularly wild about UC or Memphis either, but I wouldn't go so far as hate.

 

I'm usually more concerned about personality than the school. My dislike for UC pretty much left with Huggins and I like Mick Cronin so much it was hard to keep that going.

I don't know that I hate Wisconsin but the pain from last year still lingers and it makes me not want them to win.

 

IU. Funny, it's grown less since Bobby Knight left town. I loathed him and the IU fan base then. Hard to root vs this Hoosier team though IMO.

 

UL I love to beat but find myself rooting for them on occasion in other situations.

 

Don't like UNC or Duke because of the close proximity of where I live and listening to their fans is enough to make me never cheer for either team, even when they play each other.

 

In the SEC, I don't like LSU since Dale Brown days. Tennessee because of all that Orange. The rest come and go depending if they are a threat to UK.

Murray State / Austin Peay is a huge rivalry. I have grown up with it. While it is cool to chant, "Let's go Peay", who really wants to root for urine? If the devil fielded a team, 3 of his top 7 picks would be from Austin Peay.

 

LOL fair enough.

I don't have pure hatred for any College Basketball team. A few I dislike, but I honestly don't hate any.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.