"Pure Hatred for-------"

hoops5

My dislike for any team stems from their fan base more so than the team/school. That said IU probably tops my list because I have to be around so many IU fans. UL is the other on my list, again because of the fans.

Fans have given many programs a bad name. It's what we do.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans have given many programs a bad name. It's what we do.

OH I get it, believe me. See my comments in the IU / UK thread. I don't blame any one for hating on UK for the fans. At the same time IU and UL fans need to look in a mirror when criticizing UK fans. They are no better. And before one of the resident UL fans chimes in with their standard answer of "UK fans are worse" I will go ahead and call horse crap.

Notre Dame-Never like but I do respect them in this sport

North Carolina- Liked them until 1981, when I spent time there and everything was North Carolina basketball. Duke, N.C.State nor any other team got any air time

Louisville- Goes back to the Metro conference and they way they always spanked Cincy.

Kentucky-Growing up was a big fan. After being on here I can find a reason to root for you guys. Plus I can not stand the head coach.

(Dislike do not hate)

OH I get it, believe me. See my comments in the IU / UK thread. I don't blame any one for hating on UK for the fans. At the same time IU and UL fans need to look in a mirror when criticizing UK fans. They are no better. And before one of the resident UL fans chimes in with their standard answer of "UK fans are worse" I will go ahead and call horse crap.

UofL has their fair share of nut jobs. No question about it.

The bad UK fans are worse than the bad ones of any other team in the region. It's not even remotely close. You won't agree, but I don't care. :lol2:

The bad UK fans are worse than the bad ones of any other team in the region. It's not even remotely close. You won't agree, but I don't care. :lol2:

And you saying doesn't make it so. Bad is bad. The fact you don't like UK makes the bad UK fans worse. Fact is they aren't. Again, bad UK fans drive me just as crazy as bad fans of other teams. I'm just not blinded to the degree because I like UK.

And you saying doesn't make it so. Bad is bad. The fact you don't like UK makes the bad UK fans worse. Fact is they aren't. Again, bad UK fans drive me just as crazy as bad fans of other teams. I'm just blinded to the degree because I like UK.

So just because I say they are worse doesn't mean they are, but you can factually say they aren't? :lol2:

OK, so what makes them worse?

This convo is pointless. We are never going to agree, because as you pointed out you dislike Louisville and I dislike UK. I was just pointing out how you said it wasn't so just because I thought it, and then turned right around and said it was "fact" that they weren't.

The worst of UK fans are nor worse than the worst of any other fanbase. There is just many more of them.

The UK vs UL rivalry is particularly interesting in the sense that there are so many UK fans embedded in the Louisville area. I have nothing against The university, most players and coaches. I know of 4 UL fans that make it absolutely impossible for me to support Louisville in normal years.

OK, so what makes them worse?

You could start with the blindness, bias, lack of reality or straight up ignorance. Those are just a few that I have the luxury of dealing with on a daily basis. At some point I would think that reality would be acceptable, instead it's "This is our best class yet" :ohbrother: or "Getting #9 this year" regardless of how good (38-1) or bad the particular team is. But what do I know?

The UK vs UL rivalry is particularly interesting in the sense that there are so many UK fans embedded in the Louisville area. I have nothing against The university, most players and coaches. I know of 4 UL fans that make it absolutely impossible for me to support Louisville in normal years.

The rivalry is definitely different in Louisville, for exactly the reason you pointed out.