Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Line was really long

Featured Replies

Looks like Republicans can't help themselves but to go out of their way to depress voter turnout. :sssh:

Anything to stop Trump:lol2:

  • Replies 101
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jefferson has 9 places to vote.

 

Guess I read that wrong. I think Fayette only has one if I read right in the H-L. Anybody got a report from there?

Guess I read that wrong. I think Fayette only has one if I read right in the H-L. Anybody got a report from there?

How could they? They're still in line.

Looks like Republicans can't help themselves but to go out of their way to depress voter turnout. :sssh:

 

Seems to me this will help Trump as his followers sure have more passion than any of the other candidates. Don't think the RNC is going to like that.

Summit View in Kenton Co. was packed with a very long line as well, but the line moved quickly and I was in and out in about 45 minutes. The election staff did a good job of moving things along.

Maybe someday soon we'll get a Republican majority in the house and they will vote to change the law that allows a person to run for only 1 office at a time. And maybe they'll also move the primary to earlier in the year so Kentucky votes will actually matter.

My mom and dad are in their early 70's and live in Campbell County. They just texted me saying they have been in line for over an hour and have a "long way to go". This is an embarrassment. My dad has bad knees...I am sure standing in line on concrete for multiple hours is really good for them...ugh...

 

 

Sad. Just crazy.

I was in and out in five minutes.

 

 

(Insert off color joke here)

From what I saw, yes, they are at one place for each county.

 

I was told the lines at Bardstown HS for the Nelson Co. caucus were long as well.

Hardin County has two.

Mine was a simple as could be...it was set up at the mall. There were several tables set up with the names alphabetically. You just went to your table, showed your ID, received your ballot, went to a small booth to fill it out and then dropped it in a box.

 

Just about every parking space was filled at the mall with voters, however after parking the entire process took me less than 5 minutes from the time I left my vehicle until I was headed back out to leave.

 

I think our county GOP handled it very well. Talking to one official they already have one thing they'll do a little differently next time but overall it went extremely smooth.

 

I think the biggest issue most places have is parking and having enough entrances and exits to the location to keep their from being long lines. That wasn't an issue for us in Pulaski County today.

Long line where I voted in Lee County today. Owsley and Lee are voting at the community park about 2 miles from Beattyville. They had the Owsley voters in one line and Lee voters in another one. Lines were out the door into the parking lot but they moved along pretty fast with only one person to vote for on a piece of paper.

I was in and out in five minutes.

 

 

(Insert off color joke here)

 

Getslow must be mulling over about 50 potential one liners right now. I am surprised he has not replied yet. Maybe he has been in line for eleventy billion hours and cannot post yet:lol2:

Our location had 15-20 tables set up no line was over 4 or 5 people long that I saw. There was a huge turnout but it moved quickly. I think most people spent more time talking to friends than they did trying to vote. I bet we ran into 30 people that we knew and spoke to them and walked straight in and straight out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.