February 24, 201610 yr Having the #1 NBA draft pick on their roster, would it definitely be the end of the Johnjy Jones era at LSU?
February 24, 201610 yr Real shame that one of, probably the best, players in the country won't be on full display of the tournament.
February 24, 201610 yr If? They'll be lucky to make the NIT at this point. Johnny Jones is a terrible coach. It is important to note that they lost Hornsby for the season.
February 24, 201610 yr Is it just me or does LSU fo thru this routinely with their basketball coaches........................
February 24, 201610 yr JJ might be the worst coach in America . Guy is a total joke . Mark Gottfried doth protest...
February 24, 201610 yr Mark Gottfried doth protest... As nothing more than a college basketball fan with an increased interest in the ACC as a whole since U of L joined, I've generally assumed something else has to be going on with the players Gottfried has brought in at NC State. I mean this is a major conference program with a relatively average history, at best third tier status in the surrounding zip codes, and a recent history of underachievement. What do people with more knowledge than me think the answer is? Promises made, the appeal of being able to do whatever you want on the court, or is it something nefarious?
February 24, 201610 yr As nothing more than a college basketball fan with an increased interest in the ACC as a whole since U of L joined, I've generally assumed something else has to be going on with the players Gottfried has brought in at NC State. I mean this is a major conference program with a relatively average history, at best third tier status in the surrounding zip codes, and a recent history of underachievement. What do people with more knowledge than me think the answer is? Promises made, the appeal of being able to do whatever you want on the court, or is it something nefarious? It isn't guys just dying to play for a guy that won't do any coaching at all. The math is easy to do from there...
February 25, 201610 yr Kid should have went to UK where he could have been developed and played for National championship. Same as the kid from Miss St. Maybe other recruits will see this and come to UK
February 25, 201610 yr Kid should have went to UK where he could have been developed and played for National championship. Same as the kid from Miss St. Maybe other recruits will see this and come to UK I get that some guys want to play where their parents went to school, some want to play at their hometown school and some just cant handle the pressure of UK. However, if you want to be elite, UK is the place to get that work in.
February 25, 201610 yr Only 5 people can play at one time. Not every single top recruit is going to want to play at UK. Pretty sure Simmons knew going in they wouldn't be very good. Dude wanted to be the big fish in the small pond to showcase himself for the NBA. I can't say I blame him really. Probably not the way I would do it, but I can't fault him for that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.