Owensboro Area Predictions - Preseason

I just hope OCath has enough in them to make a run at the title this year and try to overcome the mistakes they made last year.

If OHS can get their offense running smoothly then they might be the cities best hope at getting a team to the Pizza Pit.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope OCath has enough in them to make a run at the title this year and try to overcome the mistakes they made last year.

If OHS can get their offense running smoothly then they might be the cities best hope at getting a team to the Pizza Pit.

IMO, Ijames will play a factor in this. I know he is only one person, but he is one HUGE key to this running and kicking game. Passing game should be solid once again from what I have seen so far. Defense should come around.

IMO, Ijames will play a factor in this. I know he is only one person, but he is one HUGE key to this running and kicking game. Passing game should be solid once again from what I have seen so far. Defense should come around.

I had heard that Ijames was possibly going to set out this year and work only on baseball. So he is going to play football?

Did anybody see the OCath practice on the news last night? I was at BW3's and couldn't hear the TV. I didn't know if anything important was said.

Edge said they simply did not get the job done. The reporter mentioned the third QB in 3 years and that he had some excellent receivers coming back. They interviewed Norcia and Holland and both said that the underclassmen can look to the seniors for leadership this year and they looked forward to this season. Also there was some talk on the new home field and where that was going (progress etc...)

Ijames was supposed to have started this week. I don't know if he actually did though. I think he had a change of heart or coach Edge is very persuasive.

He loves the game too much not to play....Im sure knowing Holland is out there playing doesn't help matters either.

Is it true that Ijames will not be able to play in the first couple of games? I read that on another site and didn't know if there was any merrit to it. Even if he cant play in those couple of games and we happen to lose it wouldn't kill the Aces.

Advice to OC , Offense ... Run the football .. Drive block ...

Defense ... The LB's and DB's need to learn to deliver a blow and tackle. I have watched last years champ game several times , the DB's and LB's attempt to grab and hold on. You folks made K Clark look like Jim Brown.

You folks have the players just need to get better at these fundamentals... Good luck

Kasey made himself look like Kasey Clark. Kasey is that good and it's not because of OC tackling, it's from the work he puts in. Don't take anything away from Kasey's performance.

IN both games Catholic Defense was on the field too much that was due to the offense not sustaining any drives. I don't know what game you were watching but I saw 10 people in the box against Belfry and Russell you just have to admit that some of the Catholic kids just don't have it like the Wathen's and Martin twins (a killer instinct). Now against Russell I have no idea the QB was on a different planet that game so it didn't matter what happened. Coach Edge was calling both sides of the ball because his Dcoordinator went on a Caribbean Cruise. That is something alot of people did not know about. I think Edge was so mad he didn't let him call the game. Also look at some of the State Championship pics. The refs did a horrible job and there were some good pics of Russell players holding nothing but Jersey. Not one pic but about 5 pics

WHA' WHA' WHA'. I'm sure I could find some pics of your boys holding as well.

Kasey is good ... for sure but no Jim Brown ... Two running plays back to back at Newport , in a very critical late game situation, we got stuffed. Jim Brown would not have been stuffed by 2A Newport. Kasey strengths are overall athletic ability. Would not call him a power runner , yet ... Hope to see more strength this year ... Kasey came a long way last year in running it right at people ... State Champ showed this but so did very poor tackling by OC...especially in the secondary.