Owensboro Area Predictions - Preseason

What happened to Catholic playing at KWC? Was that just bs? Maybe I am way out of the loop.

Nothing has happened to KWC -- Catholic WILL have a new place to play; however, there might be a contractor problem for the first game. If the stadium isn't ready by 8/25, Catholic might have to play elsewhere.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy, are these reliable sources? I thought that OCHS might play at Daviess County or Apollo if the stadium wasn't done yet, but I think both of those teams are playin at home that night.

I'm not sure how reliable they are; however, as you said, both DC and Apollo have home games on 8/25 -- where else could Catholic play? I don't know exactly how the rule works, but, if Catholic isn't ready, I doubt if Coach Prince would want to move the game to a Saturday (knowing that they could play on his field)???? Who knows?

Nothing has happened to KWC -- Catholic WILL have a new place to play; however, there might be a contractor problem for the first game. If the stadium isn't ready by 8/25, Catholic might have to play elsewhere.

I guess I am still confused. Will Catholic eventually be playing on KWC's field or are they building their own field?

Advice to OC , Offense ... Run the football .. Drive block ...

Defense ... The LB's and DB's need to learn to deliver a blow and tackle. I have watched last years champ game several times , the DB's and LB's attempt to grab and hold on. You folks made K Clark look like Jim Brown.

You folks have the players just need to get better at these fundamentals... Good luck

Good observation. The last 2 state championship games have been a defensive problem for OC. IMO if they could have stacked the line with 9-10 players and had both Belfry and Russell throw the ball some, it MIGHT have made a difference. Why have guys 10-12 yds off the ball when the run is doing you in, and the pass game is idle. I believe against Belfry in 2004, a total of like 3 passes was attempted. Make a running team pass the ball some by stacking the line some. What is the worse that can happen....You lose the game????? Good luck to all the Owensboro / Daviess Co teams this year.

I guess I am still confused. Will Catholic eventually be playing on KWC's field or are they building their own field?

They will be playing at KWC. The field has been renamed by virtue of a Aces contributor. A long list of on site projects ( locker rooms, new seating, lights etc) was late getting started and there is concern that it will not be ready for the 1st game there on 08/26 against OHS. But the field will be played on this year, there is no question about that. An alternative site may be used for the 08/25 game if it is not ready

Good observation. The last 2 state championship games have been a defensive problem for OC. IMO if they could have stacked the line with 9-10 players and had both Belfry and Russell throw the ball some, it MIGHT have made a difference. Why have guys 10-12 yds off the ball when the run is doing you in, and the pass game is idle. I believe against Belfry in 2004, a total of like 3 passes was attempted. Make a running team pass the ball some by stacking the line some. What is the worse that can happen....You lose the game????? Good luck to all the Owensboro / Daviess Co teams this year.

IN both games Catholic Defense was on the field too much that was due to the offense not sustaining any drives. I don't know what game you were watching but I saw 10 people in the box against Belfry and Russell you just have to admit that some of the Catholic kids just don't have it like the Wathen's and Martin twins (a killer instinct). Now against Russell I have no idea the QB was on a different planet that game so it didn't matter what happened. Coach Edge was calling both sides of the ball because his Dcoordinator went on a Caribbean Cruise. That is something alot of people did not know about. I think Edge was so mad he didn't let him call the game. Also look at some of the State Championship pics. The refs did a horrible job and there were some good pics of Russell players holding nothing but Jersey. Not one pic but about 5 pics

IN both games Catholic Defense was on the field too much that was due to the offense not sustaining any drives. I don't know what game you were watching but I saw 10 people in the box against Belfry and Russell you just have to admit that some of the Catholic kids just don't have it like the Wathen's and Martin twins (a killer instinct). Now against Russell I have no idea the QB was on a different planet that game so it didn't matter what happened. Coach Edge was calling both sides of the ball because his Dcoordinator went on a Caribbean Cruise. That is something alot of people did not know about. I think Edge was so mad he didn't let him call the game. Also look at some of the State Championship pics. The refs did a horrible job and there were some good pics of Russell players holding nothing but Jersey. Not one pic but about 5 pics

Against Belfry, Belfry had the better team and Catholic was just out matched defensively -- I don't believe that it was a lack of killer instinct more so than it was a lack of ability. Offensively, Catholic needed about 3-5 more minutes on the clock and history might have been different. Against Russell, Catholic just didn't show up -- period. The Catholic team that beat Ft. Campbell and Trigg Co. was not on the field against Russell.

I would agree with BTS on the state games. Belfry was by far the better team, but OCath played outstanding in the second half to come back in that game. Against Russell the Aces just didn't show up. Both games have something in common though, the Aces didn't tackle very well. For OCath to be successful this year they will have to be a better tackling team.

Against Belfry, Belfry had the better team and Catholic was just out matched defensively -- I don't believe that it was a lack of killer instinct more so than it was a lack of ability. Offensively, Catholic needed about 3-5 more minutes on the clock and history might have been different. Against Russell, Catholic just didn't show up -- period. The Catholic team that beat Ft. Campbell and Trigg Co. was not on the field against Russell.

Maybe not the Belfry game but the Russell game there was a lack of killer instinct.

:confused:

How have the city teams looked in scrimages so far? I have heard some conflicting reports about OCath, but I haven't heard much of anything about the other city teams.

Do any teams have significant injuries or players that have decided not to come out and play this year?

They will be playing at KWC. The field has been renamed by virtue of a Aces contributor. A long list of on site projects ( locker rooms, new seating, lights etc) was late getting started and there is concern that it will not be ready for the 1st game there on 08/26 against OHS. But the field will be played on this year, there is no question about that. An alternative site may be used for the 08/25 game if it is not ready

My mistake on the date there....If the place is not ready for 08/25 game against Owensboro, then I understand the game will be played at Daviess Co. on 08/26

The only grabbing done in the Champ game was by OC's linebackers and secondary. That's the problem... I agree with whoever , put more in the box , come up and hit someone ....

Trust me.... There was alot of grabbing from #62 and other linemen. Look at the pics from the Championship game, don't tell me there wasn't any holding. But that game is over what was done is done, the best TEAM won, I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that.