9th Region Player of The Year....who is it?

If senior only..Ansley Davenport or Dajah McClendon. If not just seniors, add Ally Johnson. Lot of other names mentioned that are very good and talented contributors but I believe these 3 carry their teams on their back and that separates them. Post season results could certainly impact this if someone steps up to dominate.

I'm not sure if it is related but Ally Niece (Simon Kenton) was selected NKAC (Large schools) conference player of the year as a Freshman. Seems it would be related to region player of the year qualifications as well.

Technically, it is not related to this thread since Ally is not in the 9th region.

I believe the honor she received last year, that you mention, is actually a NKYGBCA (Northern Kentucky Girls Basketball Coaches Association) award. There is at least two schools (Walton Verona and Lloyd) that are in this association, but are NOT in the NKAC (Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference) This association is made up of schools from 3 regions (8,9,10) and 2 conferences (NKAC and NCKC).

All this being said, the award is technically the coaches association award, not the NKAC conference or regional award. And yes, there is an associational POY voted or named for each division. Ally would certainly be eligible for this award again.

If I am wrong on this, someone can correct me, but I am pretty sure this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by HC_Indians_Fan View Post

Ally Johnson had like 29 or so, she was spectacular and kept Beechwood in the game (obviously). HC battling the injury bug. Needs to get healthy for Districts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Mitchell View Post

Agree on Ally Johnson. Most impressive individual performance I've seen this year .... Step back 3's, difficult right hand runners and left-hand floaters, she did it all. Very, very impressive.

If open to All Class for POY - Ally Johnson is my vote.. I found these quotes off another thread from other posters. Every Beechwood thread mentions her and every coach in the region must game plan around her, she still puts up numbers and could probably put up more if she recognizes she's open. The quotes above could be said about her every night..

If senior only..Ansley Davenport or Dajah McClendon. If not just seniors, add Ally Johnson. Lot of other names mentioned that are very good and talented contributors but I believe these 3 carry their teams on their back and that separates them. Post season results could certainly impact this if someone steps up to dominate.

Ally Johnson went over 1,500 career points in the Holy Cross game.

Ally Johnson went over 1,500 career points in the Holy Cross game.

Here's the other point to consider with Ally. If she was a selfish player, she would already have way more than that! She could sometimes (in earlier part of her career) be too unselfish. She can score whenever she wants but she's not wired to throw up shot after shot without getting her teammates involved. Which is why I think colleges will salivate over her. She makes others better.

I hope they look at the overall player, just about every player that has been mentioned its been their offensive game for the most part, although all worth considering for sure but as I have seen all the teams this year I would say Davenport is the favorite to win if you take that overall player and here is my reason and although I do not know everyone's full stats Davenport scores, rebounds, plays defense and has many assists. I am not saying the others don't do the same but I would like see how their overall stats stack up to hers. Also if you take Davenport off NCC's team they are a 500 team and its not a knock to the other players but NCC is a pretty young team with not a lot of experience.