Bloomberg to run as an Independent?

I know this comes as disappointing news to the Ft. Thomas Pachyderm Club, but according to Ed Rendell, former governor of Pennsylvania, the scenario for a Bloomberg run would be Trump/Cruz vs. Sanders. If Hillary wins the nomination, then Bloomberg is not likely to mount a third-party candidacy.

According to NY Times: “Mike Bloomberg for president rests on the not-impossible but somewhat unlikely circumstance of either Donald Trump or Ted Cruz versus Bernie Sanders,” said Rendell, a close ally of Mrs. Clinton’s who is also a friend of Mr. Bloomberg’s. “If Hillary wins the nomination, Hillary is mainstream enough that Mike would have no chance, and Mike’s not going to go on a suicide mission.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/nyregion/bloomberg-sensing-an-opening-revisits-a-potential-white-house-run.html?_r=0

And why should be listen to this man? Oh wait he is saying what you want to hear....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care how you present it, you nor I are entitled to money we didn't work for.

Just a similarity between 1860 and today (actually 2011, but it may as well be 2016 because nothing has changed). Safe to say 1860 was the most divided time in our history. 1774, 1969-70, and today are all close behind.

I don't care how you present it, you nor I are entitled to money we didn't work for.

Lots of rich people didn't work for anything. They married into wealth or inherited it. Or they happened to be in the right spot at the right time when their company went public and stock options started raining down like manna from heaven.

Lots of rich people didn't work for anything. They married into wealth or inherited it. Or they happened to be in the right spot at the right time when their company went public and stock options started raining down like manna from heaven.

And a whole lot (I would venture to say most) of those are card carrying liberals, John Kerry for instance. Why haven't they voluntarily given up all that wealth? No one is stopping him and his ketchup mamma from giving it all to the government. No one is stopping ANYONE from giving more to the government but like the hypocrites they are, wealthy liberals will only "do the right thing" if everyone else is forced to.

And a whole lot (I would venture to say most) of those are card carrying liberals, John Kerry for instance. Why haven't they voluntarily given up all that wealth? No one is stopping him and his ketchup mamma from giving it all to the government. No one is stopping ANYONE from giving more to the government but like the hypocrites they are, wealthy liberals will only "do the right thing" if everyone else is forced to.

Also note, All Tell, that my previous post didn't even mention all the Republican corporate fat cats who donate millions to conservative candidates and causes, yet always have their hat in their hand begging for more government subsidies and tax breaks.

Also note, All Tell, that my previous post didn't even mention all the Republican corporate fat cats who donate millions to conservative candidates and causes, yet always have their hat in their hand begging for more government subsidies and tax breaks.

Just like the corrupt big wigs that run modern unions.

And you and I are still not entitled to it. It's not ours.

Some will never understand that concept...you are hitting your head against a wall trying to get them to understand it.

I've never understood why if I start a small business (say a farm could be any small business) and work hard and expand it over my life. We plant, we grow, we harvest, we reinvest, we expand...year in and year out. After 50-60 years of hard work I've got 1000's of acres and the net worth of my land and operation is say 11 million dollars...then I die and estate tax takes kick in. My family has to pay 40% in taxes on over half of that amount. Now $11million isn't in the bank, it's in the equipment, the land and operating capital. So my family is forced to liquidate a large portion of the operation just to pay the $2,000,000 in taxes, just because I died.

But I guess there are those out there that think they have a right to my families hard earned money.

Your answer is too simplistic. As a citizen of the United States, you and I are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To ensure life, we must pay for a military on the national level and police protection on the local level. When huge corporations or wealthy individuals pay zero in taxes -- as some do -- then they're shortchanging the rest of us.

Your answer is too simplistic. As a citizen of the United States, you and I are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To ensure life, we must pay for a military on the national level and police protection on the local level. When huge corporations or individuals pay zero in taxes -- as some do -- then they're shortchanging the rest of us.

Then you are for the Fair Tax right? No Loopholes, everyone pays even those in the country illegally. You pay based on consumption. Corporations, citizens, visitors to the country...everyone pays.

Your answer is too simplistic. As a citizen of the United States, you and I are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To ensure life, we must pay for a military on the national level and police protection on the local level. When huge corporations or wealthy individuals pay zero in taxes -- as some do -- then they're shortchanging the rest of us.

Your answer is as simplistic as you say mine is.

Their pecentage of taxes are far more than you or I pay.

The "they don't pay their fair share" line has been proven false and is, quite frankly, tired.