Bloomberg to run as an Independent?

Your answer is as simplistic as you say mine is.

Their pecentage of taxes are far more than you or I pay.

The "they don't pay their fair share" line has been proven false and is, quite frankly, tired.

You have a reading comprehension problem. Some huge corporations that do business in this country pay zero in taxes. I'm arguing these corporations should pay something as opposed to nothing.

I know, it's a crazy concept.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then you are for the Fair Tax right? No Loopholes, everyone pays even those in the country illegally. You pay based on consumption. Corporations, citizens, visitors to the country...everyone pays.

Sounds like you're calling for a national sales tax to complement local sales taxes. No, I oppose the idea because this form of taxation impacts retirees on a fixed income, the middle class and the poor far more than the rich.

You have a reading comprehension problem. Some huge corporations that do business in this country pay zero in taxes. I'm arguing these corporations should pay something as opposed to nothing.

I know, it's a crazy concept.

Nope, no problem comprehending here.

If they do business here and don't pay taxes, don't blame them, blame the tax code.

Sounds like you're calling for a national sales tax to complement local sales taxes. No, I oppose the idea because this form of taxation impacts retirees on a fixed income, the middle class and the poor far more than the rich.

So the rich are the only ones that should pay taxes?

Then you don't understand what has been proposed.

Nope, no problem comprehending here.

If they do business here and don't pay taxes, don't blame them, blame the tax code.

Those poor billion-dollar corporations that pay no taxes are victims of the mean, ol' U.S. tax code. Boo hoo hoo. Boo hoo hoo. Maybe we can pass the hat for these guys after Sunday mass.

A story from last April:

The following companies paid zero in taxes in 2014: CBS, General Electric, Interpublic Group, JetBlue Airways, Mattel, Owens Corning, PG&E, Pepco Holdings, Priceline.com, Prudential Financial, Qualcomm, Ryder System, Time Warner, Weyerhaeuser and Xerox.

As a whole, the 15 companies paid no federal income tax on $23 billion in profits in 2014, and they paid almost no federal income tax on $107 billion in profits during the past five years. All but two received federal tax rebates in 2014, and almost all paid exceedingly low rates over five years.

For example, CBS had $1.8 billion in U.S. profits last year, and received a federal income tax rebate of $235 million, while Mattel, which has paid zero federal income taxes for the past five years, received a tax rebate of $46 million in 2014.

Those poor billion-dollar corporations that pay no taxes are victims of the mean, ol' U.S. tax code. Boo hoo hoo. Boo hoo hoo. Maybe we can pass the hat for these guys after Sunday mass.

A story from last April:

The following companies paid zero in taxes in 2014: CBS, General Electric, Interpublic Group, JetBlue Airways, Mattel, Owens Corning, PG&E, Pepco Holdings, Priceline.com, Prudential Financial, Qualcomm, Ryder System, Time Warner, Weyerhaeuser and Xerox.

As a whole, the 15 companies paid no federal income tax on $23 billion in profits in 2014, and they paid almost no federal income tax on $107 billion in profits during the past five years. All but two received federal tax rebates in 2014, and almost all paid exceedingly low rates over five years.

For example, CBS had $1.8 billion in U.S. profits last year, and received a federal income tax rebate of $235 million, while Mattel, which has paid zero federal income taxes for the past five years, received a tax rebate of $46 million in 2014.

Nothing to see here.

A story from last April:

Most of those companies are run by Obama buddies.

Tell those Dems to pony up on their fair share.