Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year

jpa2825

Yep sort of poetic if you aks me.[/How is Greenup`s Greg Logan not coach of the year ? Baioni did a great job, made final. But not with 3 FR , 3 So, 3 Jr, and the number 1 pitcher only pitched a few games , and was out the hole tournament . 28-11 , final 4, and a team that's sounds like a JV team. I cant start to think how this happened. Once again Highlands had a great season, and from what I hear a great coach,. IF the coach`s switched team`s could Baioni take Greenup to Final 4?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Jeremy would be the first to tell you it's a group award.
He did a great job, but Greenup Co coach Greg Logan should have won. started 3Fr, 2 So, 4Jr, and made final 4. to lose to Highlands. Went 28-11 and number 1 pitcher was out half season and all of post. Baioni did a good job, but it doesn't compare to what Greg Logan did.

He did a great job, but Greenup Co coach Greg Logan should have won. started 3Fr, 2 So, 4Jr, and made final 4. to lose to Highlands. Went 28-11 and number 1 pitcher was out half season and all of post. Baioni did a good job, but it doesn't compare to what Greg Logan did.

It doesn't take 3 of the same posts to make your point. We get it. You disagree.

Sorry . That`s not why I did 3, I picked a few so they would get the alert , to see how they felt. Not to show how I felt 3, different times, trying to see what you thought. Sorry , guess I went about it wrong .

No worries. Make one post. They'll see it when they come back into the thread.

Congrats JB. Great coach, great staff and a great team last year.

As for the other posts, wins/losses and makeup of a team don't always paint the whole story.

If wins and losses ,and make up of team doesn't paint story . What does? Its coach of year, what else is there. Do you win if your team has a really bad incident ,(witch from what I here ,was taken care of really well) than you have a great season after that. I have not Bashed the coach, and wont. He and the Highland team had a great year, as did coach Logan and Greenup Co. Maybe you can explain what it takes.?

If wins and losses ,and make up of team doesn't paint story . What does? Its coach of year, what else is there. Do you win if your team has a really bad incident ,(witch from what I here ,was taken care of really well) than you have a great season after that. I have not Bashed the coach, and wont. He and the Highland team had a great year, as did coach Logan and Greenup Co. Maybe you can explain what it takes.?

Getting kids involved, involving the community, and other things all play a part IMO. I won't post again on this subject as to not take away from JB and this thread.

Getting kids involved, involving the community, and other things all play a part IMO. I won't post again on this subject as to not take away from JB and this thread.
Just to let you know, coach Logan gets kids involved , and has tons of community support and help.. I guess we will have to disagree , on what Coach of the year means. So congrats to the coach, and Highlands team on a great season. As said before , it just wasn't Baioni s year. With sports you never know what will happen, but Greenup has there hole team back and 1 pitcher is healthy . So hopefully they make a strong run again , And coach Logan get what he has earned. And I have played a ton of sports, Baseball, and cant seem to figure out the other stuff you talk of. Hopefully Coach Logan can.. I Hope I didn't offend Coach Baioni , Highlands or Fans, I meet a few and they seemed to be good people.

I have watched and admired the job that Coach Baioni has done with a resurgent Highlands baseball program over the years.

He literally raised this program like a Phoenix from the ashes, and has created a perennial state contender.

Those of you who have just recently become Bluebirds baseball fans since their rise to prominence, probably don't appreciate just where this program has come from under his guidance.

A success story about a young coach made good! Well deserved!

He and the Highland team had a great year, as did coach Logan and Greenup Co. Maybe you can explain what it takes.?

It seems to boil down to the fact that there can only be one COY, and whoever makes these decisions selected Coach Baioni.

It sounds like Coach Logan does a wonderful job with his program as well. Perhaps with the talent returning at Greenup this spring, and back-to-back strong years, it will be Coach Logan who will be the 2016 COY.

Congrats to JB and his staff! What a great year they had. He "has" turned the program around and is continuing to build a championship program. It will happen soon no doubt.

And congrats to the coach, staff, and community from Greenup Cty. Sounds like they are loaded for the future as well. Will have to follow to see how they do!