NKY Championship Runs

With the new 6 class system would NKY football have a decent chance of having 5 of the 6 state champions in one year? By no means will these schools be the only powers in their class but they would have to all be considered one of the favorites to win the state championship each and every year.

1A Beechwood

2A NewCath

3A Highlands

4A CovCath

5A Dixie

6A ????

What does this say about NKY 6A? I think NKY 6A will never have a real power under this new system. Is NKY football just a smaller school area with the expanding population boom up here?

Have fun with this debate!

With the new 6 class system would NKY football have a decent chance of having 5 of the 6 state champions in one year? By no means will these schools be the only powers in their class but they would have to all be considered one of the favorites to win the state championship each and every year.

1A Beechwood

2A NewCath

3A Highlands

4A CovCath

5A Dixie

6A ????

What does this say about NKY 6A? I think NKY 6A will never have a real power under this new system. Is NKY football just a smaller school area with the expanding population boom up here?

Have fun with this debate!

With the addition of another high school in Boone County, the redistricting could put two of the three schools down to 5A leaving two NKY schools in 6A. It's very possible that NKY could compete for 5 or the 6, but it wouldn't surprise me to see both Beechwood and Highlands play up a level.

AAAAAA still has the biggest discrepancy in the enrollment catagory, I think they will have some quality teams but not any dominant programs.

And those schools are the only reason this move was made, glad to see they fixed the problem.