Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Nets CEO would offer ‘everything under the sun’ to John Calipari

Featured Replies

This makes more sense with each passing day. Salary cap goes up big time next season because of the TV money. He could form the UK NBA team with relative ease.

 

As much as I'd hate him to leave, I'd finally have a NBA team to cheer for if he did this and I'd follow it much closer.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the best part is that somebody somewhere is going to pay him what he wants or come close to it. :lol2:

 

Especially given that there's no guarantee whatsoever he'll do anything but recreate the results from his first stint as an NBA coach.

If I had to guess, this is Cal throwing that number out there to get more cash from Mitch Barnhart.

Cal has already said he isn't negotiating with anybody.

If I had to guess, this is Cal throwing that number out there to get more cash from Mitch Barnhart.

 

Of course it is, regardless if it is for Barnhart/UK or himself. It is smart business. Same reason Jon Gruden gets his name out there each year, why Nick Saban is constantly answering questions about his future, etc.

Especially given that there's no guarantee whatsoever he'll do anything but recreate the results from his first stint as an NBA coach.

 

I said somebody. Meaning UK also.

I said somebody. Meaning UK also.

 

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that it floors me that any NBA owner would consider him given how much it would cost to get him compared to the fact that they'd probably get the same results by trotting out one of the dozens of retread coaches that the NBA constantly recycles, and at a quarter of the cost. That's money in the owner's pocket.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that it floors me that any NBA owner would consider him given how much it would cost to get him compared to the fact that they'd probably get the same results by trotting out one of the dozens of retread coaches that the NBA constantly recycles, and at a quarter of the cost. That's money in the owner's pocket.

 

No argument there. I think there will be one or two owners willing to get a bunch of UK talent in once city.

 

Wall

Bledsoe

Cousins

AD

 

Just getting two of those players are center pieces of any franchise going forward.

 

Add in:

 

 

Knight

Kanter

Jones

Booker

Lyles

MKG

WCS

 

I can see the appeal of Cal and what he may be able to assemble in the NBA.

Cal has already said he isn't negotiating with anybody.

And he did so in a way that he left all sorts of wiggle room.

As I said in the other thread, this has become the ultimate self fulfilling prophecy.

Unless I read the article wrong, Cal denied throwing out the $120 mil number. Just sayin.. :popcorn:

Cal has already said he isn't negotiating with anybody.

 

Just cause he said he isn't, doesn't mean that his agent isn't lol.

:deadhorse:

The Nets went all in for Garnett and company. It will take some time to rebuild that franchise.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.