December 20, 201510 yr I'm sticking with my Jags as long as I can this year. It's not a fun college basketball year. Good luck to your jags, I'm all for someone new winning a championship. Love the avatar by the way, excellent choice!
December 20, 201510 yr Good luck to your jags, I'm all for someone new winning a championship. Love the avatar by the way, excellent choice! Two weeks......
December 20, 201510 yr It's ashame Ullis has to play so many minutes because I miss his defensive intensity. It seems he doesn't create as much havoc for dribblers that he did last season. I'm assuming because he has to play so many minutes. Labissierre is soft as Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. Poythress and Lee are the only rebounders on that team. When is Briscoe going to show up? Murray is the Go To guy so keep feeding him.
December 20, 201510 yr Unless it is a layup, Briscoe has very little chance of making a basket. Just can't understand how a guard can be so bad at shooting the basketball, especially free throws. Lots of empty possessions with Briscoe and Lee bricking free throws.
December 20, 201510 yr This UK team is too soft. Defensive rebounding was a no-show yesterday. Buckeyes played physical and the Cats didn't respond. Poythress will go strong for a rebound and if he gets the ball and then gets bumped he will fall down or lose control of the ball, or get it stripped. Lee plays hard but he also gets knocked around. Skal is a liability on the floor. Zero defense from him and he appears lost or confused on both ends of the floor. I've tried to be fair in my judgement of him but after 11 games I'm beginning to believe the best place for him to be during the game is on the bench. And the 3 guard offense is not going to work when one of the guards, Briscoe, can't shoot unless it's a layup....can't even make free throws. He's definitely a liability in close games in the final minutes. He's also a turnover waiting to happen. A bunch of us at a Christmas gathering last night were discussing the game and this years team and several of us agreed on this comment, "If next year's recruits for UK could be taken out of high school right now and have a good coach practice them for one month they'd beat this year's UK team by 15 points." I do think they will make some adjustments and steadily improve as the season moves on, but I doubt they make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.
December 20, 201510 yr I thought basically the same about Murray. I also thought that he was trying to get his team going, fired up. No one else at that time was stepping up so he took the lead. I do have a problem with players "flexing", show boat play, especially when down double digits but w/o Murray putting the team on his back, we lose badly and make no big run. I do like Ulis running the show, he can set up others to score but they still have to hit the shot. I think that Murray gets free a lot of times bc of Ulis. Both players are carrying U.K. right now.....jmo I believe Murray has always played the point for the teams he has played on, including the National team he played on. Which is why I think sometimes he has struggled to figure out exactly how to play off of the ball, and still know how to take over. Obviously Ullis is a great pg, but when teams are packing the lane and Ullis has no one to pass the ball to that can hit a shot then it doesn't matter. I am not saying making Ullis play off the ball all game, but I would like to see them play Ullis off the ball more and have Murray run the point more. He is a guy who can basically create his own shot anytime he wants it, and I want him to honestly be more selfish and do that more. This team is going to lose a lot of game, but come tournament time he is the type of player that could put them on his back and make a run.
December 20, 201510 yr Unless it is a layup, Briscoe has very little chance of making a basket. Just can't understand how a guard can be so bad at shooting the basketball, especially free throws. Lots of empty possessions with Briscoe and Lee bricking free throws. Lee was 4-5 shooting FTs. That's not "bricking". He was also 4-7 from the field. Briscoe only shot 1 FT (missed it). Briscoe & Skal were a combined 2-16 from the field. That killed us. Plus Ulis was only 4-12 shooting (1-7 3pt.)
December 20, 201510 yr Once again...no physicality at all. OSU bullied UK. Get ready...next weekend will be interesting.
December 20, 201510 yr Once again...no physicality at all. OSU bullied UK. Get ready...next weekend will be interesting. Officials will never let this game get physical in Rupp. UL just lost the key person in the middle Mango- that's they one guy they couldn't lose IMO. Doesn't score a lot but physical rebounder.
December 20, 201510 yr Lee was 4-5 shooting FTs. That's not "bricking". He was also 4-7 from the field. Briscoe only shot 1 FT (missed it). Briscoe & Skal were a combined 2-16 from the field. That killed us. Plus Ulis was only 4-12 shooting (1-7 3pt.) I was talking about in general and the stats back up those arguments. Lee's great free throw shooting yesterday brought his season percentage to a whopping 46.4%! Briscoe on the other hand, he is a much better 37.5% on the year! UK can live with Lee's numbers, but Briscoe is a liability, especially late in games. Briscoe has no business shooting anything that isn't a layup.
December 20, 201510 yr Once again...no physicality at all. OSU bullied UK. Get ready...next weekend will be interesting. I'm afraid Alex Poythress is falling victim to old "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane" routine.
December 20, 201510 yr I know he has been plagued with injuries, but man, Poythress has been a monster let down, and I don't even root for UK.
December 20, 201510 yr I know he has been plagued with injuries, but man, Poythress has been a monster let down, and I don't even root for UK. I would have to agree with you. I was looking for him to be a force on the boards plus scoring. So far anyway, that hasn't happened.
December 20, 201510 yr Skal is intimidated by everyone. His talent is obviously very good but he has to be more forceful / physical in the middle. I realize that he's a toothpick body down low but he has to "grow a pair" and take it to the basket more often, jmo. Right now he is scared of his own shadow, opponets see that and just get physical with him - he backs off.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.