December 20, 201510 yr NBA teams are lining up for Skals potential in the 2nd round. Labissierre translated from French means "The Softness of Air." No toughness at all. I am not a UK fan, but he is obviously a tad overrated.
December 20, 201510 yr Will this team even make the tournament? If players like Murray, who was posing his muscles after making a three today with his team down 14 points, don't learn it's about team basketball, they will be in trouble.
December 20, 201510 yr I said after the win against an overrated Duke squad that I wasn't sold on this team... They play soft and just don't get it yet. It's early in the season, plenty of time to get it together though. Marcus Lee has been the one pleasant surprise for me. He's no Cousins, Davis or Karl, but he plays hard and has been solid. Watching this game today made me think of how AAU basketball has destroyed the college game. Kobe Bryant said same thing a couple of years back. No teamwork by either squad, just 1 on 1 hoops, posing, dancing to the crowd. The lack of enthusiasm by the fans is telling too. Murray's motto is "As long as I get my 25 points, who cares if we win?" Sad that AAU basketball honchos and their gofers have corrupted the sport even further in recent years. It was corrupt anyway, now it's a who's-who of NBA-or-bust 17 year old who have no interest in education. Just get me some dough and let me spend it.
December 20, 201510 yr Don't blame the players....hey when Universities pay college coaches that musch money...it trickles down...the players just want theirs too, and the fans keep paying.
December 20, 201510 yr NBA teams are lining up for Skals potential in the 2nd round. Possibly the worst defender I've seen in a while.
December 20, 201510 yr Fact - this U.K. team can't play only in the final 12 min. of any game and Win. OSU basically played far over their heads, I don't know what their shooting pct. was, especially in the 1st half but I know that it had to have been high. U.K. is young in every season with Cal and although I do believe that this team will get better as the season goes on and be pretty good at tourney time, they aren't remotely close to last seasons team and won't be at any point this season. Murray caught fire in the 2nd half and with solid play from others (with the exception of Ulis, he played well imo) .. U.K. wins this one. OSU is a very well coached team imo and until the Cats start playing better against a zone, anyone's zone then things will be tough, especially so when Poythress doesn't play well. OSU was mixing in a triangle & two with the zone and tat confused UK. Inside play / toughness Must Improve for U.K. to improve. Classes are out during this Christmas break and that's hopefully when U.K. makes a lot of improvement as they have in past seasons, with no limits on practice time. Right now there's no way that U.K. is a top 5 team, probably not top 10. Texas A & M is the best team in the SEC right now. Hopefully we / U.K. will be up there with them by season's end. Way too early to give up on this Wildcat team. Edited December 20, 201510 yr by oldrambler
December 20, 201510 yr If players like Murray, who was posing his muscles after making a three today with his team down 14 points, don't learn it's about team basketball, they will be in trouble. Watching this game today made me think of how AAU basketball has destroyed the college game. Kobe Bryant said same thing a couple of years back. No teamwork by either squad, just 1 on 1 hoops, posing, dancing to the crowd. The lack of enthusiasm by the fans is telling too. Murray's motto is "As long as I get my 25 points, who cares if we win?" Sad that AAU basketball honchos and their gofers have corrupted the sport even further in recent years. It was corrupt anyway, now it's a who's-who of NBA-or-bust 17 year old who have no interest in education. Just get me some dough and let me spend it. I have no problem with Murray's play or attitude. I honestly want him to play more selfish and look to create his own shot more. You took his play as selfish, I took his play as trying to put the team on his back to try to lead them to a win. He needs to start being more selfish imo and having the ball in his hands. The offense is better when he is creating and is why I would like to see him on the ball more and Ullis play some off the ball. This team will have a chance to do something in tournament time because of Murray imo.
December 20, 201510 yr I have no problem with Murray's play or attitude. I honestly want him to play more selfish and look to create his own shot more. You took his play as selfish, I took his play as trying to put the team on his back to try to lead them to a win. He needs to start being more selfish imo and having the ball in his hands. The offense is better when he is creating and is why I would like to see him on the ball more and Ullis play some off the ball. I thought basically the same about Murray. I also thought that he was trying to get his team going, fired up. No one else at that time was stepping up so he took the lead. I do have a problem with players "flexing", show boat play, especially when down double digits but w/o Murray putting the team on his back, we lose badly and make no big run. I do like Ulis running the show, he can set up others to score but they still have to hit the shot. I think that Murray gets free a lot of times bc of Ulis. Both players are carrying U.K. right now.....jmo
December 20, 201510 yr You guys can thank JDEaston for this one :lol2:. Made fun of Duke today. That's what happens. Karma. I wasn't making fun of duke, just bumped a thead. To be honest, UK and Duke both suck this season.
December 20, 201510 yr Remember when I said for months and months that the 2015 recruiting class was one of my least favorite to watch over the past decade? That is the single biggest flaw in the one and done model. That said, Ohio State is awful and there is no valid reason or excuse for getting handled for pretty much 40 minutes. Brutal loss...
December 20, 201510 yr Going to be a long year. Cats will be in the tourney, but a very high seed and loose early, probably second round
December 20, 201510 yr Was Willis hurt? How does he not play in a game that no one in blue could score in?
December 20, 201510 yr Was Willis hurt? How does he not play in a game that no one in blue could score in? Yes.
December 20, 201510 yr I wasn't making fun of duke, just bumped a thead. To be honest, UK and Duke both suck this season. I'm sticking with my Jags as long as I can this year. It's not a fun college basketball year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.