September 15, 200620 yr Why are the Reds out of it you ask?....No starting pitching consistency, the entire year.... I'll hush and I'm not going to pound on the one pitcher anymore. They are still in it and stranger things have happened.
September 15, 200620 yr No starting pitching consistency, the entire year.... That is correct, but they were leading when they headed west and the bats locked it down. :irked:
September 15, 200620 yr That is correct, but they were leading when they headed west and the bats locked it down. :irked:Easy now, easy now....:lol: They've been hot and cold, all year long and the lack of consistency, from the starters is catching up with them, plus the offense is stagnant. They lead 4-0 going into the 9th for anyone left that cares...Good guys or bad guys?
September 15, 200620 yr Easy now, easy now....:lol: They've been hot and cold, all year long and the lack of consistency, from the starters is catching up with them, plus the offense is stagnant. Good guys or bad guys? I wasn't scowling at you, at the fact that their bats went into hibernation in California a month early.
September 15, 200620 yr I wasn't scowling at you, at the fact that their bats went into hibernation in California a month early.I know, didn't want to get the blood pressure elevated. It's been tough watching them lately. I was watching the WVU and Maryland game last night, they showed a Maryland fan in the stands....the look on his face of frustration, is similar to what Reds fans are going through.
September 15, 200620 yr We all know that's Narron's fault hssb... :lol: It's not "all" Narron's fault. He's had holes in the lineup and the pitching staff. I'm sorry, I have just fallen off the "vote Narron for manager of the year" wagon. His lack of fire and intensity can be partial blame for his team to realize the importance of pennant baseball in September. From what we see in the dugout and decisions made on the field, he downplays each game with no emotion. Maybe things are different in the clubhouse - doubt it. What experience of being in a pennant chase does Narron have anyway? Besides being a bench coach for Boston? Can you use this as partial blame? The veterans didn't step up. Junior's toe is sore and begs for the pennant chase to end. Dunn and Cowboy are ready for deer season. Harang has condensed his arm to rubber by trying to become a strikeout pitcher (hopefully he'll continue to improve as he has the last few seasons.) The summer was fun and the season was better than I expected it to be. The offseason should be fun as well.
September 16, 200620 yr Why are the Reds out of it you ask? How's this over the last 10 games: Freel 9 - 38 (.237). 6 runs. 1 hr. 1rbi. 5 bb. 10 k. Hatteberg 5 - 29 (.172) 1 run. 0 hr. 3 rbi. 4 bb. 2k. Griffey 0 - 4 (.000) 0 runs. 0 hr. 0 rbi. 1 bb. 0 k. Dunn 5 - 30 (.167) 4 runs. 1 hr. 3 rbi. 10 bb. 14 k. Edwin 9 - 35 (.257) 7 runs. 0 hr. 2 rbi. 3 bb. 2 k. Ross 3 - 22 (.136) 1 run. 0 hr. 2 rbi. 4 bb. 6 k. Phillips 6 - 39 (.154) 1 run. 1 hr. 5 rbi. 1 bb. 8 k. Harang (his last 10 appearances) 2 - 4 and an era of 4.55. Ace? Guys just locked up down the stretch, no more, no less. Except Arroyo, he is been outstanding his last few games out. :thumb:
September 16, 200620 yr Except Arroyo, he is been outstanding his last few games out. :thumb: I didn't include he and Aurilia intentionally -- they both played well down the stretch.
September 16, 200620 yr I didn't include he and Aurilia intentionally -- they both played well down the stretch. Both Arroyo and Aurilia have een good, especially for my fantasy team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.