Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

The Reds were universally predicted to lose 90 games and finish 5th or 6th in the Division -- they will do neither. Is Narron the 2nd coming of Casey Stengel, no. Is he the "problem" with their performance over the last 3 weeks -- IMHO, no.

 

Don't dance around it. Is he a good MLB manager? Or is he simply "good enough" to keep the Reds from finishing with 90 losses?

 

Have you seen enough of his decision-making to conclude he's got the right stuff?

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume by the above that you're saying the manager has no impact on his team's success or failure, right?

What can he do to FORCE them to get hits? How has it worked for Leyland recently???

Tough to be the problem when you have zero production at the plate. There's only so much he can do.

 

 

When I saw that you had just posted, I thougt for sure I would read this.

 

 

 

 

They're just about ready to get hot...
When I saw that you had just posted, I thougt for sure I would read this.

 

 

 

 

stickymitts vbmenu_register("postmenu_1817199", true);

All Universe

 

image.php?u=10005&dateline=1156265441

 

Join Date: Nov 2004

Location: OK, this is getting ridiculous

Posts: 11,067

 

 

icon1.gif

They're just about ready to get hot...

 

I almost did...I just think they're waiting a few more days to turn it on...:lol:

What can he do to FORCE them to get hits? How has it worked for Leyland recently???

 

I don't believe that was the question, my man. Take another look at what I asked and let me know your thoughts. You seem to imply that only the players determine wins and losses. Correct?

I don't believe that was the question, my man. Take another look at what I asked and let me know your thoughts. You seem to imply that only the players determine wins and losses. Correct?

I'm implying that there is no manager in the game that can survive this kind of offensive slump...

Don't dance around it. Is he a good MLB manager? Or is he simply "good enough" to keep the Reds from finishing with 90 losses?

 

Have you seen enough of his decision-making to conclude he's got the right stuff?

Who is dancing? I think he is "okay." Has he made questionable decisions -- sure. Find me a manager that hasn't. Every manager's decisions are brought into question when the team loses the game, and rarely are they when the team wins the game. This team has lost a lot of games recently, so here we are.

 

I'm not passionate about him either way, to be honest, but I don't think this swoon should cost him his job...if that's what you're asking.

I'm implying that there is no manager in the game that can survive this kind of offensive slump...

 

OK. Base it on the performance through August then. They haven't slumped the entire year. I didn't know you were such a good two-stepper.

 

I'm not passionate about him either way, to be honest, but I don't think this swoon should cost him his job...if that's what you're asking.

 

I'm not sure why you guys are focusing on the recent "swoon." I'm talking the entire year when they hovered at .500.

OK. Base it on the performance through August then. They haven't slumped the entire year. I didn't know you were such a good two-stepper.

As I have said all along, I think he's a .500 guy coaching a .500 team...

I'm not sure why you guys are focusing on the recent "swoon." I'm talking the entire year when they hovered at .500.

It is what it is.... This team and manager are on the .500 level. They got hot for a while and cooled down. Thats the point of the long MLB season. It shows who the good teams really are.

As I have said all along, I think he's a .500 guy coaching a .500 team...

 

So if the Reds' talent improves (as expected with Wayne on the scene), Jerry won't be able to keep up?

So if the Reds' talent improves (as expected with Wayne on the scene), Jerry won't be able to keep up?

Time will tell. There seems to be a lot of .500 managers with a ring...

I didn't know you were such a good two-stepper.

Who is dancing? Asked and answered.

 

Per the "Reds circa 2007" thread, how much will the talent improve on this team next year unless something drastic and unexpected is unveiled? New RF? New SS / 2b? New 5th Starter? Hardly over-whelming unless Soriano / Tejada / Mulder, etc. rolls into town.

 

Should you be impressed with Narron, if that's the question, then in essence he question is for you to answer. I wouldn't dare speak for you. ;):p

....I think he is "okay." Has he made questionable decisions -- sure. Find me a manager that hasn't. Every manager's decisions are brought into question when the team loses the game, and rarely are they when the team wins the game. This team has lost a lot of games recently, so here we are.

 

I'm not passionate about him either way, to be honest, but I don't think this swoon should cost him his job...if that's what you're asking.

Agreed, he should return in my opinion and some moves will have to be made, to sure up the starting pitching woes and some position moves, as well.

 

He didn't make the trades and plays the talent, that the GM and Ownership acquires. He may not be the most fan friendly and popular, but if he wins some "fans" like him and if he loses, well....

 

.....I think he's a .500 guy coaching a .500 team...
I too, believe the Reds current record, reflect their level of ability and talent they have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.