Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

He gives effort all the time in the field.....

 

Question for ya....If his effort is good enough for Narron and the brass of the organization, shouldn't it be good enough for the never happy fans.

Name calling? Is that your move? "Never happy fans?" I'm happy frequently, thanks.

 

Narron and the brass are afraid to ruffle his prima donna feathers and refuse to move him out of the 3 spot. Are they as much to blame, yes. However, when you clearly are not pulling your weight, step up and volunteer to move down in the order.

 

I'm not alone here, this has been a hot topic in this city for weeks -- moving Junior down. I just don't get it. He should be hitting 5th or 6th, but Narron isn't stepping up to move him and he isn't stepping up to offer (no, it isn't his job to step up and say move me down, but the aura he has created about wanting to hit 3rd has partially created this situation). Oh well. As long as he stays "comfortable", why would I / we complain.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Name calling? Is that your move? "Never happy fans?" I'm happy frequently, thanks.

 

Narron and the brass are afraid to ruffle his prima donna feathers and refuse to move him out of the 3 spot. Are they as much to blame, yes. However, when you clearly are not pulling your weight, step up and volunteer to move down in the order.

 

I'm not alone here, this has been a hot topic in this city for weeks -- moving Junior down. I just don't get it. He should be hitting 5th or 6th, but Narron isn't stepping up to move him and he isn't stepping up to offer (no, it isn't his job to step up and say move me down, but the aura he has created about wanting to hit 3rd has partially created this situation). Oh well. As long as he stays "comfortable", why would I / we complain.

 

 

The never happy fan comment was not directed at you hssb, sorry if you took it that way. I was refering to the majority of Reds fans, and I apologize if you took it as a personal attack, as it was not my intention.

The never happy fan comment was not directed at you hssb, sorry if you took it that way. I was refering to the majority of Reds fans, and I apologize if you took it as a personal attack, as it was not my intention.

No worries. He has so much talent UKMF, and I know he wants to be on a winner, I just wish he would occasionally give the impression that he was busting his tail. Dunn hit that chopper down the line tonight and hustled to 2nd, my phone rang, buddy says "Griff would still be standing at first." He was right.

 

All we can ask is that you leave it out there, bust it to beat out the double play, and give good AB's.

 

I realize that the expectations on him are high, but the stand-off-ishness combined with the aura of "I will only bat 3rd," leave a lot of folks with bad tastes in their mouths.

Narron and the brass are afraid to ruffle his prima donna feathers and refuse to move him out of the 3 spot. .

 

If Jerry is going to let Harang force him to put Cowboy in the lineup, there's no way in hell that he's going to move Griffey out of the 3 spot.

How about some more love for what Aurillia has done this year. He was trashed early and often last year, and as recent as a few weeks ago for playing over E-5. He has been big time for the Reds this season, and Baseball Guy has used him at all four IF positions with success. He's as big a reason this team is where it is as anyone...

How about some more love for what Aurillia has done this year. He was trashed early and often last year, and as recent as a few weeks ago for playing over E-5. He has been big time for the Reds this season, and Baseball Guy has used him at all four IF positions with success. He's as big a reason this team is where it is as anyone...

:thumb: He has defiantly been huge.

Griffey over the last month is batting higher than his season average. Over the last week he is batting over 400. I'd keep him in the third spot too because we are winning.

Interesting stat #2:

 

Last night was the 5th time this year the Reds have won a game after trailing by 3 or more runs in the 8th inning or later. They lead the Majors in that category. That number, 5 times, also ties the Franchise record set back in 2000.

How about if we just agree to sit Junior versus Lefties? Can we all agree on that? He is hitting .195 this year against lefties (26 for 133). Since the All-Star Break he is hitting .116 against lefties (5 for 43).

 

Maybe he's just worn out, both mentally and physically (dealing with his parents, playing everyday, etc.) and perhaps a day off or two per week would keep him fresh and get him re-energized.

How about some more love for what Aurillia has done this year. He was trashed early and often last year, and as recent as a few weeks ago for playing over E-5. He has been big time for the Reds this season, and Baseball Guy has used him at all four IF positions with success. He's as big a reason this team is where it is as anyone...

 

:thumb: He's been huge for them. Seems like he produces in the big spot a lot.

How about if we just agree to sit Junior versus Lefties? Can we all agree on that? He is hitting .195 this year against lefties (26 for 133). Since the All-Star Break he is hitting .116 against lefties (5 for 43).

 

Maybe he's just worn out, both mentally and physically (dealing with his parents, playing everyday, etc.) and perhaps a day off or two per week would keep him fresh and get him re-energized.

 

 

 

Who do you play in the outfield in his place? You really don't have many choices. Hollandsworth another lefty? Norris Hopper the Rookie?

I can't help but compare Junior with Aurilia. Here are 2 guys who are arguably in the twilights of their respective careers. I can't imagine how they can feel that there are gonna be too many more chances to play into October that are better than this chance. I think you can see it in Rich's play and his effort, desire, etc. but I don't see it remotely in Jr.'s at all. I sympathize as we all do with his off field plight. I also agree that he should not be out of the lineup, however, why not hit him 6th? I'd be curious if that happened if he'd have a fire lit under him or if he'd pout. I think perhaps that's what Narron fears.

Found this interesting and speaks loads about the new ownership and GM...

 

The Reds have morphed into a contender by remaking their roster during the season -- 13 of the current 25 players were obtained since spring training -- and by doing some of their best hitting in the last innings.

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AqOo8L9yPwmPDtHKPImKyho5nYcB?gid=260821117&prov=ap

I'm happy about a few things. 1) We only have to see LaRue once a week, maybe. 2) We no longer have to watch Dunn at first base. 3) We are playing a meaningful series in August. 4) We have a plethora of lefties in the pen (for you hssb) 5) My TV has a mute button.

 

One last thing, Freel has to be boiling watching Griff jog everywhere knowing he's risking life and limb every game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.