August 20, 200620 yr I have no problem with Larue catching Harang - it wouldn't be an issue if Ross played the rest of the week... What happens when you play Ross every day and his numbers return to the back of his baseball card because he can't hit righties???
August 20, 200620 yr What happens when you play Ross every day and his numbers return to the back of his baseball card because he can't hit righties??? Javy....And also, how many Teams carry three catchers?
August 20, 200620 yr Thanks LABS. I fully expect Tracy Jones to be given every chance to win the job. Alan Cutler's name was being thrown around a lot on Tracy's show today after the game.
August 20, 200620 yr Alan Cutler's name was being thrown around a lot on Tracy's show today after the game. PLEASE no... :scared:
August 20, 200620 yr What happens when you play Ross every day and his numbers return to the back of his baseball card because he can't hit righties??? Ross Average Vs L-.426 Avergae Vs R-.224 Larue Average Vs L-.205 Average Vs R-.167 I have no problem with Larue playing 2 maybe 3 games a week. But anymore than that I dont see a reason.
August 20, 200620 yr I have no problem with Larue playing 2 maybe 3 games a week. But anymore than that I dont see a reason. :thumb:
August 20, 200620 yr I can't speak for how Marty feels about anyone, but I get the feeling that the ownership group would like to pair Marty with an ex-player, not another "professional broadcaster." Just my opinion from the outside looking in. Marty and Tracy do a little bit that replaced Bench and Brennaman on Baseball. Marty calls Tracy's show fairly often and did so today. On the show, he said he was one of the people to call Tracy a friend. As far as Cutler, if you are a regular listener of Jones/Cutler, you know they don't necessarily see eye-to-eye. It could be a work (my professional wrestler watching days terminology ) but you could say they don't like each other. I think the talk today was Jones' way to take shots at Cutler. Tracy likes to say "He played the game" and Cutler likes to say you don't have to play the game to know the game because he is a "student of the game." Tracy repeatedly said today that Cutler could do it because he is a "student of the game." There was some sarcasm in it. He gave out this website as he fan club on Saturday. http://www.tracyjonesonline.com/
August 21, 200620 yr 2-1 Padres in 10... 2 game lead in the Wild Card. Can we say a huge stretch starting tomorrow?
August 21, 200620 yr 2-1 Padres in 10... 2 game lead in the Wild Card. Can we say a huge stretch starting tomorrow? Yes, followed by the West Coast trip. In my opinion, that trip will make or break.
August 21, 200620 yr What happens when you play Ross every day and his numbers return to the back of his baseball card because he can't hit righties??? I have no problem with Larue playing 1 game a series. Ross is STILL hitting the ball well. Is he an All Star or HOF catcher? Absolutely not. But not having him in the lineup on a fairly regular basis is not giving your team the best chance to win. With that said, I have no problem with a "personal" catcher. As a pitcher, I understand how important it is to feel comfortable with the guy behind the dish. BTW, how does Ross' career numbers look when compared to LaRue's the past couple of seasons? Can they even be worse?
August 21, 200620 yr BTW, how does Ross' career numbers look when compared to LaRue's the past couple of seasons? Can they even be worse? Ross: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=5206 LaRue: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=4091
August 21, 200620 yr Jethro has broadcasting experience. Its funny you mention Jethro. Remember when people said you couldn't play him everyday because he couldn't hit lefties? Fortunately for the Yanks, they didn't listen. Using the argument that he might play to the back of his baseball card is simply a copout. Why worry about hiring the right manager if all a manager has to do is look at history? Now, lets assume that Ross does work his way back down by playing every day. His "back down" is still better than what Cowboy can offer.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.