Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Its funny you mention Jethro.

 

Remember when people said you couldn't play him everyday because he couldn't hit lefties? Fortunately for the Yanks, they didn't listen.

 

Using the argument that he might play to the back of his baseball card is simply a copout. Why worry about hiring the right manager if all a manager has to do is look at history?

 

Now, lets assume that Ross does work his way back down by playing every day. His "back down" is still better than what Cowboy can offer.

Maybe Ross is playing over his numbers because he's being used in the right situations? Nah. That can't be it...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Ross is playing over his numbers because he's being used in the right situations? Nah. That can't be it...

 

Maybe he is. But using that as a crutch is inexcusable. Lets make him prove he can't play on a regular basis vs putting in a guy that flat out sucks.

 

Where is the confusion here?

Alan Cutler's name was being thrown around a lot on Tracy's show today after the game.

 

I cant stand Cutler...his show after Bengal games is ridiculous.

 

I think it should be Father and son... bring on Thom Brennaman.

I cant stand Cutler...his show after Bengal games is ridiculous.

 

I think it should be Father and son... bring on Thom Brennaman.

 

I'd be all for Thom but I would bet he stays with his current gig.

I'd be all for Thom but I would bet he stays with his current gig.

 

 

 

I do too, but I was wondering with the Reds playing around 140 games on TV next year, if the Reds couldn't get Thom to split his time between the TV and radio during the games.

What happens when you play Ross every day and his numbers return to the back of his baseball card because he can't hit righties???

 

 

Should Phillips sit b/c his baseball card doesn't look all that good and I know Castro would help defensively up the middle?

Should Phillips sit b/c his baseball card doesn't look all that good and I know Castro would help defensively up the middle?

 

Good point. :thumb:

 

We all know LaRue "was" the worst everday player in the bigs. I say go with Ross and just play the hot hand, whether it be Ross, Valentine or LaRue. I like Valentine off the bench personally, but a little competition never hurt anybody.

 

GT just can't stand to be wrong and everyone here and the other thread agrees that LaRue has no business in the lineup unless Ross needs a day off. :p

Good point. :thumb:

 

We all know LaRue "was" the worst everday player in the bigs. I say go with Ross and just play the hot hand, whether it be Ross, Valentine or LaRue. I like Valentine off the bench personally, but a little competition never hurt anybody.

 

GT just can't stand to be wrong and everyone here and the other thread agrees that LaRue has no business in the lineup unless Ross needs a day off. :p

I have no problem waiting for it to happen and being right if it does... ;)

Should Phillips sit b/c his baseball card doesn't look all that good and I know Castro would help defensively up the middle?

Do I get to count that the back of BP's card only includes one full season in MLB at the ripe age of 21? Ross is 29, and has been around a while. There's a reason he wasn't kept in LA, Pittsburgh and San Diego and money wasn't a factor. What else does that leave? That's right. Performance. Keep the rotation as it is. It's working...

Let's see how the rotation is going recently. Ross has caught every start by Arroyo & Lohse and all but one for Milton since his return from the DL. What more do you guys want???

Do I get to count that the back of BP's card only includes one full season in MLB at the ripe age of 21? Ross is 29, and has been around a while. There's a reason he wasn't kept in LA, Pittsburgh and San Diego and money wasn't a factor. What else does that leave? That's right. Performance. Keep the rotation as it is. It's working...

 

 

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Phillips wasn't kept around b/c of money either. I do know that guys have career years sometimes and they stay in the lineup. That's how you have a career year. I seem to remeber a leadoff hitter in Baltimore hitting 50 hr's a few years back even though his baseball card didn't indicate that was likely. Never did it again either. Good thing his manager stayed with the hot hand.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Phillips wasn't kept around b/c of money either. I do know that guys have career years sometimes and they stay in the lineup. That's how you have a career year. I seem to remeber a leadoff hitter in Baltimore hitting 50 hr's a few years back even though his baseball card didn't indicate that was likely. Never did it again either. Good thing his manager stayed with the hot hand.

And a good thing for steroids...

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Phillips wasn't kept around b/c of money either. I do know that guys have career years sometimes and they stay in the lineup. That's how you have a career year. I seem to remeber a leadoff hitter in Baltimore hitting 50 hr's a few years back even though his baseball card didn't indicate that was likely. Never did it again either. Good thing his manager stayed with the hot hand.

 

Phillips was let go because of his attitude if I was guessing while in Cleveland. And Brady Anderson is a bad example, but your point is right on.

Maybe Ross is playing over his numbers because he's being used in the right situations? Nah. That can't be it...

 

GT - Lets assume Narron decided to play Ross 4 out of 5 days as many of us want. In order for him to get back to his "baseball card", he would have to hit .175 the rest of the season.

 

A. I don't see that happening.

 

B. If it did, we'd be no worse than Cowboy who is hitting about that for the season.

 

So tell me again the downside to Ross playing 80% of the games instead of 4 out of 9.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.