Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

You're right, but it seems to have gotten worse lately -- at least to me.

 

 

Griffey is one of those guys who always had so much talent that he never really had to show he was working hard. I remember a buddy of mine telling me he played against him in high school when he was with Midland. Griffey would sit down Indian style in Centerfield during a pitch and when it was hit... leap to his feet and run it down with ease. His talent allowed him to do these things......

 

Now, his effort on the basepaths is really pathetic and he only chooses to run down fly balls when he feels like it. I wish he had Ryan Freel's mindset...... heck I wish all ballplayers had his mindset.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody think that Griffey's "lack of hustle" may have something to do with not wanting to blow out the hammy again? Maybe he wants to continue to play for a Reds team that actually has a good chance to make the playoffs instead of having a season ending injury running full throttle on a ground ball that he probably wouldn't even beat out. I'm not saying this is the reason for the "lack of hustle," but it is something to think about.

Does anybody think that Griffey's "lack of hustle" may have something to do with not wanting to blow out the hammy again? Maybe he wants to continue to play for a Reds team that actually has a good chance to make the playoffs instead of having a season ending injury running full throttle on a ground ball that he probably wouldn't even beat out. I'm not saying this is the reason for the "lack of hustle," but it is something to think about.

I was getting ready to post the same thing. Are any on here privy to conversations between the Reds and Jr. and his base running?

 

Narron was on record of saying that 3 weeks ago, he told JR. the call was his as to going to be with his family. And posters are ripping him with no clue on what was going on with his life.

 

I would assume that 99.9% of the posters on here are not privy to the inner workings of the Reds clubhouse.

 

Now Narron comes out and says that Jr needs to hustle more, than that is a horse of a different color.

 

I mean, come on, choice between breaking up the double play or being here the rest of the season and that is a no-brainer.

I was getting ready to post the same thing. Are any on here privy to conversations between the Reds and Jr. and his base running?

 

Narron was on record of saying that 3 weeks ago, he told JR. the call was his as to going to be with his family. And posters are ripping him with no clue on what was going on with his life.

 

I would assume that 99.9% of the posters on here are not privy to the inner workings of the Reds clubhouse.

 

Now Narron comes out and says that Jr needs to hustle more, than that is a horse of a different color.

 

I mean, come on, choice between breaking up the double play or being here the rest of the season and that is a no-brainer.

 

IMO, it's the only thing that I could ever get on a player about. As much as I get on LaRue, I still respect the fact that he's there and I'm not. People go into slumps, it's baseball, it happens. However, there's no reason not to play hard most days. I get that the soreness of a long season or tweak here and there may make you take it easy one day a week but for the entire second half of the season to be in cruise control while you're in a pennant race is wrong.

How about some more love for what Aurillia has done this year. He was trashed early and often last year, and as recent as a few weeks ago for playing over E-5. He has been big time for the Reds this season, and Baseball Guy has used him at all four IF positions with success. He's as big a reason this team is where it is as anyone...

:thumb:

IMO, it's the only thing that I could ever get on a player about. As much as I get on LaRue,

 

 

I once heard someone say, "I don't know anyone who eats mustard out of the jar. My Grandpa eats mustard out of the jar."

 

This reminded me of that. You can only get on a player if he's not hustling, but you can "get on" Larue even though he's hustling?

I once heard someone say, "I don't know anyone who eats mustard out of the jar. My Grandpa eats mustard out of the jar."

 

This reminded me of that. You can only get on a player if he's not hustling, but you can "get on" Larue even though he's hustling?

 

I "got on" Larue about his comments about himself and the fact that his play hasn't backed HIS comments up. Actually, I haven't seen Larue run in a while to know if he's hustling or not.

I "got on" Larue about his comments about himself and the fact that his play hasn't backed HIS comments up.

 

 

IMO, it's the only thing that I could ever get on a player about.

 

 

I've never met anyone who eats mustard from the jar. My Grandpa eats mustard from the jar.

 

You totally contradicted yourself in a matter of seconds.

I've never met anyone who eats mustard from the jar. My Grandpa eats mustard from the jar.

 

You totally contradicted yourself in a matter of seconds.

 

My fault, two things. One is hustle the other's being a moron.

My fault, two things. One is hustle the other's being a moron.

 

 

:D I was just saying it was funny. :D

:D I was just saying it was funny. :D

 

I guess that leaves me open to "get on" myself then...;)

I guess that leaves me open to "get on" Stickmitts for not hustling then...;)

 

 

I changed your quote to make it more Larue/Griffey worthy.

I changed your quote to make it more Larue/Griffey worthy.

 

I always hustled...it just didn't look like it.

Looks like David Wells cleared waivers in Boston...

Looks like David Wells cleared waivers in Boston...

and pitched well in his last 2 outings! And throws with the wrong hand!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.