Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Where were the reds picked to finish in the preseason? Did anybody really think they would be in the position they are today?

The highest I saw was second to last...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The highest I saw was second to last...

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Stuff like this isn't supposed to be able to happen in baseball!!!

You HAVE to love that effort.

 

14-0 and Freel is laying out.

:thumb: He doesn't know anything else, that's what makes him great - the way he plays the game.:flame:

The Mets beat the Cards on a walk-off 2-Run homer off the bat of Beltran...the Reds are only 1 game back of St. Louis.

:dancingpa :dancingpa :banana: :banana: :jump: :jump:

Whos on the mound tomorrow for the matinee?

Whos on the mound tomorrow for the matinee?

Michalak vs Oswalt :scared:

Michalak vs Oswalt :scared:

At least we won the first 2.:irked:

At least we won the first 2.:irked:

 

Hey, power of positive thinking! Beat Oswalt once already, and you gotta figure they're going to struggle to score. I like the Reds' chances.

Hey, power of positive thinking! Beat Oswalt once already, and you gotta figure they're going to struggle to score. I like the Reds' chances.

Even with Michalak pitching?

We're talking about a team that managed just four hits and zero runs in eight innings against Kyle Lohse. Don't give Berkman good stuff to hit, and Michalik should be OK.

Just a little something for those of you who have been crying for Homer Bailey to have been called up to pitch in the Majors to chew on. Houston's starting pitcher last night, Jason Hirsh was Hoston's 2nd round pick in 2003. He was absolutely dominating at the AAA level. Check out his stats from AAA this year.

 

 

 

13-2 2.10 ERA 23 Games Started, 1 Complete Game, 137.1 innings pitched, only 93 hits, 32 ER, 51 BB, 118 K's.

 

 

After 3 Major League starts.

 

 

1-2, 12.75 ERA, 12 innings pitched, 19 hits, 17 ER, 6 HR, 11 BB, 11 K's.

 

 

 

 

I believe Krivsky and Company know what they're doing in their handling of Bailey.

The reds have scored 10+ runs in Harang's last 4wins.

We're talking about a team that managed just four hits and zero runs in eight innings against Kyle Lohse. Don't give Berkman good stuff to hit, and Michalik should be OK.

I hope so. Ill take your word for it.

Just a little something for those of you who have been crying for Homer Bailey to have been called up to pitch in the Majors to chew on. Houston's starting pitcher last night, Jason Hirsh was Hoston's 2nd round pick in 2003. He was absolutely dominating at the AAA level. Check out his stats from AAA this year.

 

 

 

13-2 2.10 ERA 23 Games Started, 1 Complete Game, 137.1 innings pitched, only 93 hits, 32 ER, 51 BB, 118 K's.

 

 

After 3 Major League starts.

 

 

1-2, 12.75 ERA, 12 innings pitched, 19 hits, 17 ER, 6 HR, 11 BB, 11 K's.

 

 

 

 

I believe Krivsky and Company know what they're doing in their handling of Bailey.

 

His K to inning and K to BB (which IMO are the main to stats to look at when determining talent) are far better than that guys. Does that guy throw 97 MPH? I think this is apples and oranges.

Notes from the Houston Chronicle today:

 

** Hirsh (1-2), making his third major league start, gave up 10 runs, nine hits (including two homers) and five walks in just 2 2/3 innings. His biggest mistake might have been not hanging around long enough to address reporters, which didn't sit well with many of his teammates.

 

** "The downside about the whole outing was giving up Hirsh's runs," Borkowski said. "I hate that. I hate giving up someone else's runs. I made a decent pitch to Encarnacion, and he got a hit. About the worst pitch I've made all year, to Dunn, and he crushed it."

 

** From Lance Berkman: "I still believe we have the best starting pitching in the division, and I still believe we have enough offense and the bullpen is going to be solid. I still think we have the guys. Does that mean it's going happen? I have no idea. What I'm trying to say is we have the guys to do it."

 

** Berkman on the Reds: "The way those guys are playing now, they have to be the favorite," Lance Berkman said, referring to the wild-card race. "They're a very resilient team. They're playing better as a team than they are individually. They have a knack of winning baseball games. That's something special you can't put your finger on."

 

Lance Berkman may be my favorite non-Red in baseball -- he could play for me anytime.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.