Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

All it takes is one inning....:dancingpa :dancingpa

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really get this decision?:creepy: Where is Bray?

What do I know?:p In Baseball guy we trust!!!

Every game I watch, I like Griffey less. I'll be happy if he helps them get wins down the stretch, but that is his job.

Every game I watch, I like Griffey less. I'll be happy if he helps them get wins down the stretch, but that is his job.

I agree, the guy just looks like he doesn't care. I know there is a lot on his mind, but he seriously has to give a better effort here down the stretch if the Reds want to contend.

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Well, anytime you can come from behind and win ,like tonight ,that big, real big. My son and couple of his friends will be at the game Tuesday, I told him, do not come home without a Reds win.

If he is unable to focus on baseball, and no one would begrudge him for that, then go be with them. I think everyone would understand that. However, what he's doing is crazy. The other day he short hops the fence and makes no effort to get to 2nd, tonight Royce Clayton buries Everett to try and break up the double play only to have Junior strolling down the line. Infuriating.

 

Seriously, what his parents are going through is very tough -- please go be with them if you can't separate yourself once you get on the field.

 

Don't give me numbers, splits, etc. It's clear watching him that he isn't 100% in the game. Loose at-bats, lack of hustle, etc.

 

Enough. Again, don't come back if he gets a hit and say, "HSSB, take that." Guys, it's his JOB to do that. Isn't that really the very base expectation? I'm sure he does care (one would hope), but a little effort would be super.

He's been doing this for the past 2-3 years. Seems like old news to me...

He's been doing this for the past 2-3 years. Seems like old news to me...

You're right, but it seems to have gotten worse lately -- at least to me.

Great stat -- the Reds tonight picked up win #12 when they strikeout at least 10 times. They lead the Majors in wins of that nature.

That was a freakin big W. No other way to describe it...

Every game I watch, I like Griffey less. I'll be happy if he helps them get wins down the stretch, but that is his job.

 

 

He's also human just like you and me....I love how so many people who are Reds fans don't support the guy when he's going through the toughest time of his life. That's what's infuriating to me...

That was a freakin big W. No other way to describe it...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

He's also human just like you and me....I love how so many people who are Reds fans don't support the guy when he's going through the toughest time of his life. That's what's infuriating to me...

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't "supporting him" before any of this. Like I said, go be with them. I've had a loved one pass, and I wanted to be with them as much as possible -- I get it. I was a Reds' fan LONG before Junior was with them and will be one LONG after he's not one, so that has no bearing on this. If you are unable to do your job due to family issues (again, we all would support that), then go be with them until it would no longer be a distraction.

 

Effort isn't asking much, is it?

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't "supporting him" before any of this. Like I said, go be with them. I've had a loved one pass, and I wanted to be with them as much as possible -- I get it. I was a Reds' fan LONG before Junior was with them and will be one LONG after he's not one, so that has no bearing on this. If you are unable to do your job due to family issues (again, we all would support that), then go be with them until it would no longer be a distraction.

 

Effort isn't asking much, is it?

 

 

He gives effort all the time in the field.....

 

Question for ya....If his effort is good enough for Narron and the brass of the organization, shouldn't it be good enough for the never happy fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.