November 17, 201510 yr We fans are so predictable. We love Hue's offense when the Bengals are winning. Cute. Innovative. Creative. Love moving the tackle out wide, etc. After a loss: Why can't he just line it up and run it. You need to be able to play power football in the North.
November 17, 201510 yr I didn't see the entire game but I thought Dre Kirkpatrick looked better than he has in a while.
November 17, 201510 yr Give Bernard the ball!!!!!!! Let Hill run the ball in a straight line. He isn't a zone running back. However, our OLine stinks at run blocking. They get stalemated way too often. It's the same offensive line that led the Bengals to the 6 best rushing offense in the NFL last year. However they did that by running a lot more power running plays and not zone blocking. This year they are in the gun more and basically doing mainly zone blocking. This line can run block but are better at the power plays rather than zone.
November 17, 201510 yr Let me make sure I've got it right. It's ok for Dalton to say what he wants, but Watt should act like a professional? By the way, Watt did compliment the Bengals and Dalton. And, it was Watt who was in the heat of the moment walking off the field, Dalton was a little bit later, at the press conference. Like I said, no problem with him saying something. What he said was stupid. Don't forget Dalton didn't hear any of the compliment. The reporter is the one that told Dalton what was said, and only said the part about the bb gun. It's not like Dalton knew that Watt ended up calling him a good player after that.
November 17, 201510 yr We fans are so predictable. We love Hue's offense when the Bengals are winning. Cute. Innovative. Creative. Love moving the tackle out wide, etc. After a loss: Why can't he just line it up and run it. You need to be able to play power football in the North. Agreed. I had no problem with his plays. No one complained about the reverse last week when Sanu walked into the end zone. I would have liked to seen then run the ball a little more last night though since Houston was playing 2 deep.
November 17, 201510 yr Please point out where I said Watt didn't have any impact on the game. You asked what game was I watching. I ask you, what posts are you reading? Uh, post #40 where you said that Watt had about as much impact as Peko??
November 17, 201510 yr Disappointing game. No other way to put it. The drops, false starts, stupid penalties, and terrible play calling did the Bengals in from the get go. However, all that matters is the final score. And despite all the screwups, if AJ Green could learn to hold onto the football, the Bengals had a solid chance to move to 9-0. Everyone talks about Andy disappearing in big games but AJ flies under the radar somehow. He is not very clutch at all. It was big time disappointing to see the fumble, but in AJ's defense he's a great player, and looking at the replay he was covered hard, and the ball was punched out while he just only had split second control of it. The aim was to punch it out and the Texans succeeded. Sadly it happens. Although it sucks and that it was the game deciding play, I still have solid faith in AJ. As you pointed out, the drops, false starts, stupid penalties, and terrible play calling did the Bengals in from the get go. That's all very true and holds more weight than Green's one play that shouldn't have been an issue if the rest of the Bengal's game was more in rhythm and focused throughout, which unfortunately it wasn't.
November 17, 201510 yr Steve Young said it best... It wouldn't have mattered if the Bengals had beaten the Texans 40-0, until they win in the playoffs they won't get respect. He knows, he speaks from experience. It took him years to get the "monkey" off his back and win a Super Bowl even though he had great moments and great seasons for many years prior. All he heard was, "not Montana", "can't win the big one" and he finally did it. Hopefully this year, the Bengals will finally win a playoff game...end the drought.
November 17, 201510 yr I think Jackson is doing a good job confusing his own players with all the shifting. Does not appear to be affecting the opposition however!
November 17, 201510 yr I'm surprised somebody has not come out and blamed it all on the orange uniforms.
November 17, 201510 yr Uh, post #40 where you said that Watt had about as much impact as Peko?? Peko had a good game last night. That is a long way from saying Watt had no impact on the game.
November 17, 201510 yr We fans are so predictable. We love Hue's offense when the Bengals are winning. Cute. Innovative. Creative. Love moving the tackle out wide, etc. After a loss: Why can't he just line it up and run it. You need to be able to play power football in the North. My only issue last night was not giving the hot hand the ball. This kind of team will have a different star every game, some more games than others. Bernard was ON last night. His cuts were sharp, he was picking up the blitz, he was getting 2 yards past the LOS before he was getting hit. I thought that he should have ridden more. Definitely should have thrown to him more b/c both he and Hill were mismatches in the flats. Outside of the Texans starting 2 corners, their other guys were suspect.
November 17, 201510 yr To soon and not really appropriate even if its being used as a joke. So I'm guessing my comment about Marvin Lewis and ISIS should be kept to myself?
November 17, 201510 yr I didn't see the entire game but I thought Dre Kirkpatrick looked better than he has in a while. Dre had a solid game.
November 18, 201510 yr We fans are so predictable. We love Hue's offense when the Bengals are winning. Cute. Innovative. Creative. Love moving the tackle out wide, etc. After a loss: Why can't he just line it up and run it. You need to be able to play power football in the North. Even when they win, I said (on here) that I hate moving tackles out to the wide receiver slot. There is a reason that nobody else does this. It's the kind of thing that works once or twice, gets on film, and the defenses figure out how to stop it. The Bengals have too many good skilled guys and a solid o-line - don't need gimmicky plays just to show how innovative Hue is...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.