November 17, 201510 yr Just ugly. O-line is alarming. Zero running game. Eifert has to make those catches if he wants to seriously be considered amongst the elite TEs in the league. AJ Green does what he does best in prime-time. Lay a massive egg. Defense gave up way too many 3rd and longs. TJ Yates beat them. That's really bad. Had to have at least a dozen penalties, or at least it seemed like it. Dalton was off. Not horrible, but not himself either. All that being said, I really feel if Green simply holds on to the ball there they punch it in for the game-winning score.
November 17, 201510 yr Dalton said that it is disappointing that a player of his (Watt's) stature makes comments like that and shows that lack of integrity. A lot of kids look up to him and to make a comment like that shows who he is and his integrity and it is disappointing. I feel like Dalton should have just ignored it or gave some answer about how he's moving on the focus on the Cardinals D. This response just seems weak to me. Put me in the camp that thought it was a funny comment by Watt.
November 17, 201510 yr I'd personally like us to be a little less cute with our offensive play calling, especially in the first half.
November 17, 201510 yr Disappointing but I think we still end up 13-3, maybe 14-2 if we can steal one we shouldn't down the stretch. It would be nice if that were the Cardinals to bounce back from this loss but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
November 17, 201510 yr Dalton sounded like a fool responding to JJ's comments. Like he didn't even hear what he said.
November 17, 201510 yr Dalton sounded like a fool responding to JJ's comments. Like he didn't even hear what he said. I don't disagree, but Watt's comment makes him look like a tool.
November 17, 201510 yr Dalton just slammed Watt for saying it and that was awesome to see... Don't back down from Watt's mouth... He's on a 4-5 team going nowhere, shows he's pretty childish IMO. And Dalton sounded like a complete idiot in doing it. Watt complemented Dalton for being a great player and the Bengals for being a very good team, and said they made the Red Rifle look like a Red Rider BB Gun. What Watt said was funny. What Dalton said was stupid.
November 17, 201510 yr And Dalton sounded like a complete idiot in doing it. What Watt said was funny. What Dalton said was stupid. Wrong... Dalton of the past would've said nothing. I like the fact he called Watt out on it. It shows he's got more confidence and has more fire. Dalton didn't lose that game. False starts, key drops from Eiffert and even when he missed Eiffert badly...turns out Eiffert ran the wrong route... And again Green fumbles at the end. Dalton saying what he said about Watt is just another step in showing he's been a different QB and that's good for the Bengals.
November 17, 201510 yr Wrong... Dalton of the past would've said nothing. I like the fact he called Watt out on it. It shows he's got more confidence and has more fire. Dalton didn't lose that game. False starts, key drops from Eiffert and even when he missed Eiffert badly...turns out Eiffert ran the wrong route... And again Green fumbles at the end. Dalton saying what he said about Watt is just another step in showing he's been a different QB and that's good for the Bengals. Don't have a problem with him having a retort. Some kind of funny quip would have been great. It's what he said. Embarassment to the integrity of the league and all that crap. Made him sound like an idiot.
November 17, 201510 yr Don't have a problem with him having a retort. It's what he said. Embarassment to the integrity of the league and all that crap. Made him sound like an idiot. Heat of the moment after a tough loss... Like I said, I'm glad he showed fire...unlike previous years. Also, Watt very well may be the best defensive player in the NFL and he should act like it, not try to be funny. And that said... A top 15 NFL QB is more valuable than the top defensive lineman in the game... A top 10 QB is more valuable... And so far this season, Dalton has been a top 5 QB... So, Watt can say what he wants... And Dalton has every right to say what he wants in response... Again, he was already mad about the loss and probably already mad about the Watt comment. He didn't come into the press conference ranting about it... He was asked about it and he responded. I liked it a lot... I don't care if people disagree with what Dalton said or not. The fact he said anything showed me something.
November 17, 201510 yr Houston held the high powered Bengals offense to 256 total net yards with 3 sacks and 1 int and 6 pts and you try to make us believe that Watt didn't have any impact on that game. I wonder what game you were watching?? Please point out where I said Watt didn't have any impact on the game. You asked what game was I watching. I ask you, what posts are you reading?
November 17, 201510 yr I'd personally like us to be a little less cute with our offensive play calling, especially in the first half. Give Bernard the ball!!!!!!! Let Hill run the ball in a straight line. He isn't a zone running back. However, our OLine stinks at run blocking. They get stalemated way too often.
November 17, 201510 yr Concerns... 1. Penalties 2. Turnovers 3. Lack of a run game 4. Dropped balls 5. OC being way to cute with formations. Romeo has been around for a long time and he doesn't fool easily. Any of those will get you beat.
November 17, 201510 yr I haven't read through this thread so if I missed this.... AJ Green has a lot of critics who say he's like Andy D in that he disappears when the lights are brightest. Last night did nothing to change those folks minds.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.