November 18, 201510 yr This sounds like excuse making (maybe it is) but I think the Bengals crazy weird schedule has a lot to do with last night. NFL players are creatures of habit. They are used to knowing what they are supposed to be doing 24-7. The Bengals played a few weeks ago, had 14 days off, played one game, played 4 nights later and then played 11 days after that. Just a weird stretch in the schedule and they looked like a team totally off kilter...dropped passes, false starts, illegal formations, poor game by AD, etc. I will not overreact to this loss. It makes the Arizona game very interesting and again a weird schedule (short week and have to travel).
November 18, 201510 yr 1) Gio has to start and has to get 15-20 touches a game. He makes the defense account for him as a receiver and Hill does not. This opens things up for the passing game. 2) The Bengal WRs have to just forget this game. Drops, fumbles, false starts and they were all to blame. 3) Defense was good and the coverage on the TD was even good. 10 points allowed should have won this game by 11 to 20. 4) Special teams got outplayed big time. No returns and punting was not good compared to Houston. 5) I'm not a big Smith fan but I do not think the OL struggles as much if he played. They need him back for Arizona.
November 18, 201510 yr Peko had a good game last night. That is a long way from saying Watt had no impact on the game. Peko had 3 tackles and a sack Watt had 2 tackles and a sack. I didn't watch the game but Watt was probably double amd triple teamed most of the game.
November 18, 201510 yr Even when they win, I said (on here) that I hate moving tackles out to the wide receiver slot. There is a reason that nobody else does this. It's the kind of thing that works once or twice, gets on film, and the defenses figure out how to stop it. The Bengals have too many good skilled guys and a solid o-line - don't need gimmicky plays just to show how innovative Hue is... Those plays still seem to be working at least 50 percent of the time. So its not like teams have shut it down. If you get three to four yards on it, then it is a good play.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.